For sale thead

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no one sitting here counting meaningful posts. If someone is spamming the board just to get to the classifieds it's usually reported and the mod staff will see it. Posts that are determined to be post padding can be removed and that person's post count can be lowered.

That is good to know. from a moderation perspective, that would be a nightmare to track. So in reality, there is no subjectivity to it, just a statement to help ensure that people aren't attempting to post pad just to reach the minimum.

Well I have spent thousands in the buy/sell forum and if I see you have 25 posts and joined last month I may be a little hesitant to paypal you $1500 for a light fixture. Yes unfortunately there are scammers everywhere. Thats life.

I think they should make it even longer for new members to sell but it is what it is.

That is your choice to make for sure, and I wouldn't blame you for having that reservation. However, with several cases, a user may be very active on other forums like reef central or nano reef or their local reef clubs, but just starting out on R2R. That is my case, and if it was longer to be able to post a for sale thread I would have likely been deterred from starting my own build thread and participating as I have done so far.

There is no right answer here on what is the best approach, but I wanted to make a suggestion on a change that may help bring clarity and less moderation while maintaining the goal of deterring scammers. I've now learned that the moderation part is a non-issue, and the confusion for users will only be at the beginning of their user life...so it may just not be worth discussing any changes.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is good to know. from a moderation perspective, that would be a nightmare to track. So in reality, there is no subjectivity to it, just a statement to help ensure that people aren't attempting to post pad just to reach the minimum.

Correct.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back