For you that aren’t on GHLs Facebook group: A request for an ION D video

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting the link to the video, I can really see why they didn’t want to release it without getting the patent approved. I’m off down the shed to knock one up myself now theyve given away all the secrets of how it works
It's not because you are not able to see anything other than spinning pumps that other (more technician) people won't see them ...
Correctly analyze the video, understand each step, this video for example explains the principle of back and forth motion allowing a rapid reaction of an ion-selective probe, the use of the IOND rear pipe, the steps in a precise order, Ref .A then sample then Ref.B, etc.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry boys I’m keeping it, make a lovely doorstop
You do not need a doorstop - you have just knock at an open door with your posts :D:D:D:D:D

I´m sorry - I could not resist - I´m from Gothenburg - the Liverpool of Sweden :p:p

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting Screen Capture from the Video - the video was done in september as GHL stated the whole time

1605215378358.png

Sincerely Lasse

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not because you are not able to see anything other than spinning pumps that other (more technician) people won't see them ...
Correctly analyze the video, understand each step, this video for example explains the principle of back and forth motion allowing a rapid reaction of an ion-selective probe, the use of the IOND rear pipe, the steps in a precise order, Ref .A then sample then Ref.B, etc.
After watching the video, I would imagine that the patent was more a procedural process. Something like the moving the water back and forth across the probes to ensure a more consistent/stable/accurate reading.

r21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do not need a doorstop - you have just knock at an open door with your posts :D:D:D:D:D

I´m sorry - I could not resist - I´m from Gothenburg - the Liverpool of Sweden :p:p

Sincerely Lasse
Laser, I have no idea what you mean but I assume it was a gentle gest which is absolutely fine.

being serious though, if the video was so soon to be released why not just provide a one line update saying that they hope to have it out in a few days and patent issues were resolved.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am late to the party as I just got home 30 minutes ago.
Thanks for the Video Vinny and thanks Gael for letting us know it was posted.
Honestly Mathias was that so hard? It answers the questions and there is absolutely nothing in that video that would need a Patent. I could see a lot of editing took place and editing was all that was needed from the start. Keep at it and I look forward to seeing the product in February.

Matt Peacock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think @jim_fitz's post was meant to be sarcastic. But yes, it seems pretty good to me - I mean calcium, magnesium and nitrate were essentially bang on. Worth bearing in mind that the margin of error is not just on the Ion Director - that reference fluid will itself have an error margin. On that basis the accuracy seems seriously impressive. Also 5 ml per test too, that's less than manual testing. Chunky sensor cable for the sensor!

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the video was going to be a third party? oh well. It will be interesting to see the real field reports.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 minutes for 5 tests and only 5ml of water used is fantastic.
Agreed, when it comes to time of test, 10 minute is well within any threshold. I would say 30 minutes would've been acceptable for me.

The question becomes consistant N03 accuracy... I wouldn't expect that to be discussed in a video and will have to wait for them to get into the hands of users before we know the answer to that...

RobMcC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sincerely Lasse

not sure what the “Liverpool of Sweden” means; I’ve not met too many Swedish scallys. But my first ever football match was Dundee United versus Gothenburg. Anyway, good to see a video. I’ve been using GHL for 10 years and paid for two these on preorder in 2019...

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't really matter how long a test takes. 99% of tests are going to be on an automated schedule.

Nice to see a working copy.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't really matter how long a test takes. 99% of tests are going to be on an automated schedule.

Nice to see a working copy.
Have you ever seen how long a reefbot takes to complete all the tests?
Yep it's nice to see a working copy. It gives me a lot more hope and enthusiasm.

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever seen how long a reefbot takes to complete all the tests?
Yep it's nice to see a working copy. It gives me a lot more hope and enthusiasm.
Still don't see why it matters. Once you set it up, you will configure it to (for example) test 4x day. Who cares if it takes 1 min, 10 mins or even 30 mins. It's all automated and it will do it at that interval, every day.

Would only matter *if* you wanted a test there and then for some reason (and couldn't just rely on your last test result). In theory when paired with a Profilux it should make everything pretty stable so the last reading should be good enough.

jim_fitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 minutes for 5 tests and only 5ml of water used is fantastic.
It was just a joke I have been waiting for som like this for a long time. I work in sewage treatment specifically in phosphate removal so kinda appreciate what can be done. I collect my KHD tomorrow after finally having the belief that this beauty is finally coming to the mark

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to see the video. Very happy with the speed. I agree it doesn’t really matter for the regular automated testing, but for calibration and the odd manual test then it’s a plus.

I would guess that the patent issue is around the process, with the back and forth thing seemingly being a special feature. That’s just a guess obviously but if it’s the case I could see how that might take a bit more back and forth between the firm’s lawyers and the patent body. And these days that means more time.

In the end it seems to me that they posted the video as soon as they had clearance from the lawyers. Whether or not those of us waiting on the forum think that’s reasonable or necessary is really not the deciding factor.

As others have said, it will be great to see some real world experiences to see how it keeps its accuracy and precision up on a real system and over time.

I still have my preorder in and am looking forward to getting it (hopefully in the first wave and hopefully in Q1).

Tony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This whole thread was meant to discuss the lack of communication. People will wait for something as long as their is sufficient communication. If they couldnt meet their video deadline that they spoke of then just tell us. Ignoring an issue just increases resentment

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 82.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.6%
Back