For you that aren’t on GHLs Facebook group: A request for an ION D video

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no front of the line!
Vinny told me "We will get delivery for all the pre ordered Ion Directors in one shipment plus a few extra units". They will all ship out within a day or two of arrival.
Rob, it’s all semantics but, as Matthias stated “About the deliveries: We must be fair and ship strictly in the order we received orders from our customers”.
So based on that statement, someone had to be first, second, third, basically a “line”. But in the big scheme of things, I hope they show a updated video, and more frequent updates. I have a dog in this fight too. I sent my deposit after the discount was over, so I have more at stake, and it will remain on the table.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rob, it’s all semantics but, as Matthias stated “About the deliveries: We must be fair and ship strictly in the order we received orders from our customers”.
So based on that statement, someone had to be first, second, third, basically a “line”. But in the big scheme of things, I hope they show a updated video, and more frequent updates. I have a dog in this fight too. I sent my deposit after the discount was over, so I have more at stake, and it will remain on the table.
Yes, a video would be a help. But it was nice to see at least an image of the system in operation. I'm content seeing that image. It was taken the day they posted it. My guess is we don't see the working unit since it's probably a bench test unit and has no pretty coverings on it. Heck, it's likely spread across the bench for ease of testing.

Sucks they did that less than 24hrs after I so publicly canceled my order. But such is life. I got there attention and held there feet to the fire. They at least did something to show all the customers that they are moving ahead.

I hope they are able to stick to there timeline this time. More and more people will get impatient if they don't.

After all the people get these I will likely order one depending on how it all goes.

Last edited:

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reality is that they will ship off a large pallet shipment from Germany and Vinny will clear it through customs. He will then ship them out as fast as he can label them and get the UPS truck over for pickup. So if your #1 or #50 you will no doubt get yours on roughly the same day.

I am happy that @AZMSGT is satisfied with a snapshot of the readings. I personally see nothing new in that as there have been at least two videos that showed reading on a PC screen. At this point I will believe it when I actually see the Video that @Matthias Gross has promised. My skepticism is based purely on the fact that I have not seen one of these Ion probe based units come to market. They all seem to have had 2019 delivery dates that never materialized.

eliasi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I know we're only 9 days into the European autumn, but something other than crickets would be good. It's GHL so I'm not worried, but I am getting a little annoyed. A three month window for the fourth revised release date is a bit rich, especially with months and months of complete radio silence.

Last edited:

eliasi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thing is, you can't even talk to them about an update. Emails on the issue go unanswered and their FB page is so heavily moderated, if you try and post the question there, it never sees the light of day.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they should at least make an announcement.
I really hope this Ion Probe tech actually works as advertised. I am still waiting for someone, anyone to come out with a unit based on this Technology. I am worried that the companies that make the probes have overstated the ability of these probes to work over the long term. Of course that still does not explain why GHL cannot produce a video of a unit running a single set of tests.
I kind of knew this would never come out at the start of Autumn but if it is going to come out by December they would have to have Beta units already in the field.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad I decided to go with a Trident. That would really tick me off.
It's a pretty standard mode of operation for most European companies. While I am not thrilled about it, when it comes to my tank equipment I would rather have very good reliability over very good technical support. Having both would be even better! :)

eliasi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what though, it's not just the AUD$1,500 that I've had tied up since last year on the IOND, it's the +$4,000 that I've additionally put into adopting the entire GHL ecosystem from top to bottom on the basis of the IOND becoming part of the package.

Assurances of a refund on IOND prepayments are one thing, but I guarantee you, if it wasn't for the promise of the IOND, I would not have taken the leap and spent all the coin on the rest of the gear. Apex has a massive following here in Australia and according to most accounts, the local support appears to be fantastic. I went against my gut and dove into GHL because of reliability and quality, despite the lack of UI "flashiness" and lack of global servers. Not that I'm disappointed with what I have so far, but the taste in my mouth is starting to sour.

Again, I'm not angry, or worried, just really, really annoyed, especially at the stonewalling and silent treatment. I'm sure I'm not the only one. The masses are getting restless.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thing is, you can't even talk to them about an update. Emails on the issue go unanswered and their FB page is so heavily moderated, if you try and post the question there, it never sees the light of day.
Nice dictatorship, isn’t it?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hope this Ion Probe tech actually works as advertised. I am still waiting for someone, anyone to come out with a unit based on this Technology. I am worried that the companies that make the probes have overstated the ability of these probes to work over the long term. Of course that still does not explain why GHL cannot produce a video of a unit running a single set of tests.
I kind of knew this would never come out at the start of Autumn but if it is going to come out by December they would have to have Beta units already in the field.

This! Companies usually don't hesitate to announce good advancements in the stages of product creation. Lack of complete transparency is one thing but complete silence is another....

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the downfall of the trident was the years it took to make after announcement and then was only available what seemed like 5 per month. Everyone was so mad and a lot of people switched to other products but with GHL seemingly doing the same thing as Trident did I see a lot of people going back to trident or another product. Its ok for it to be behind but one would think at least monthly updates would be sufficient. Yes covid is still happening but there are plenty of busineses getting back to normal and I cant imagine the parts are still hard to get 6 months after covid started.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, I just sent an email to Vinny to cancel my order. The lack of communication leads to a fear that they went back to the drawing board.
Lets hope not. I don't see any alternative system coming to the market just yet so this would be the best bet for 2020.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if they are having problems it is compounded by not being open about it. Consumers are typically okay with delays as long as there are consistent updates

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This still going?
Sorry, I was not ignoring you.
Yep it seems like they are even more tight lipped about whats happening. I already have most of the money saved up to buy one, but at this point I am not going to jump on it until someone trustworthy posts a glowing review.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 71.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back