Found a Way to Frag Corals Underwater

  • Thread starter Thread starter Martyd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Martyd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2013
Messages
477
Reaction score
267
Location
Summerville, SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In an effort to save a torch coral, I had to remove a dying branch. The torch was on a rock that I could not remove from the tank and I did not want to remove the torch from the rock.

I bought a cheap flexible extension for a Dremel off of Amazon and used a cutting wheel to cut the branch off. It worked really well.

C82224F6-DAC8-42F7-9F55-7B5EADC88D61.jpeg
 
Be careful especially if that adapter has oil in its shaft
 
Be careful especially if that adapter has oil in its shaft
I cleaned it first and blew it out with an air gun. Trust me, as cheap as it is, there’s no oil in it and I was in and out of the tank in two minutes with no problems afterwards.
 
What about the residue from the disc? It sounds like a good idea til it doesn’t and I’d also be careful not to get electrocuted . That’s only my opinion ! BE CAREFUL
 
Very interested int his - how did it work out?

I may need to do something similar and then run carbon with a goniopora that is growing like crazy and will eventually need to be trimmed

It's encrusted on a rock that can't be removed without collapsing the entire rock stack
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new