Foxface Dying

reefo420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foxface had a fight with the tang 2 days ago and she popped his eye with her knife, and now he has a popeye, he hasn't eaten in the past 2 days and the eye has swollen a lot and it's stopped swelling today but it's the same size as yesterday, I'm trying to get the meds but will he surivive with not eating? he's not wanting to move, I need something to give him a way to live, till this medicine gets here
water quality is okay, done a 50% water change earlier this week, macaryn is hard to get, will take a few days or i can order

API PIMAFIX Antifungal Freshwater and Saltwater Fish Remedy 237 ml Bottle​

for tomorrow, i really need help 7 months ago i lost half of my fish and I don't want to lose anymore, he's been healthy for nearly 9 months up untill this

379576989_655959166291692_2942530736481863613_n.jpg

Attachments

• 381606136_6256887937744822_6651412906534943478_n.mp4
    4.4 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foxface had a fight with the tang 2 days ago and she popped his eye with her knife, and now he has a popeye, he hasn't eaten in the past 2 days and the eye has swollen a lot and it's stopped swelling today but it's the same size as yesterday, I'm trying to get the meds but will he surivive with not eating? he's not wanting to move, I need something to give him a way to live, till this medicine gets here
water quality is okay, done a 50% water change earlier this week, macaryn is hard to get, will take a few days or i can order

API PIMAFIX Antifungal Freshwater and Saltwater Fish Remedy 237 ml Bottle​

for tomorrow, i really need help 7 months ago i lost half of my fish and I don't want to lose anymore, he's been healthy for nearly 9 months up untill this

379576989_655959166291692_2942530736481863613_n.jpg

I’m not sure - this picture looks familiar, did you have another post about this fish?

The Pima fix is more of a tonic, not a true antibiotic. It might not help a whole lot. Maracyn is the better choice for eye injuries.

Fish can go longer than a week if not eating, as long as they weren’t thin to begin with. I’ve seen fish go 2 weeks easily, but the problem needs to get fixed to get them eating again.

Jay

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the advice you get here is the same as in the other thread from yesterday! :)

Jay have said it all really- go with he's advice. He has helped many, many reefers and knows what he's on about.

Move your fox face to a hospital tank if you have one and treat him with maracyn in there.

OP
OP
R

reefo420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Macrayn is not avaiable in the UK, I posted and he only get worse, I'm just trying to help my fish, is there a temp soloution, anything I can do at all, alternatives, a dip, whatever, he has no visible injuries, macaryn would take a month to get here, I've ordered copper power from the US and i have that just incase anything happens since i learned from what happened last time, but I never even heared about this medication and i really want to help this fish, im sorry for the double thread, i just wanted to make an updated one so I can try and get alternatives

would really appreciate anything that can help him even if it's just a little bit

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Macrayn is not avaiable in the UK, I posted and he only get worse, I'm just trying to help my fish, is there a temp soloution, anything I can do at all, alternatives, a dip, whatever, he has no visible injuries, macaryn would take a month to get here, I've ordered copper power from the US and i have that just incase anything happens since i learned from what happened last time, but I never even heared about this medication and i really want to help this fish, im sorry for the double thread, i just wanted to make an updated one so I can try and get alternatives

would really appreciate anything that can help him even if it's just a little bit
Suggest you speak with a veterinarian in the UK - perhaps with the advice from this forum - they would be willing to give you a prescription for an antibiotic. In the meantime - if there is no antibiotic available - watching and hoping is all you can do?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some off Amazon last month :) Shipping time might be a wee bit long though as it's coming from the US. I am unsure about any alternatives though.

I have not used it yet- I saw a similar post and thought I'd better be on the safe side. Are you ever up in Scotland?

I have seen it in my local shop in Glasgow as well. You have Kraken Corals in Liverpool do you not? They might have some lying around..

OP
OP
R

reefo420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would this work: https://krakencorals.co.uk/nt-labs-anti-bacterial.html
Got some off Amazon last month :) Shipping time might be a wee bit long though as it's coming from the US. I am unsure about any alternatives though.

I have seen it in my local shop in Glasgow as well. You have Kraken Corals in Liverpool do you not? They might have some lying around..
yes krakencoral sells something called nt biotics but sadly it does not say anything about popeye, i went there yesterday and they just gave generic things

OP
OP
R

reefo420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would Myxazin work?
I’m not sure - this picture looks familiar, did you have another post about this fish?

The Pima fix is more of a tonic, not a true antibiotic. It might not help a whole lot. Maracyn is the better choice for eye injuries.

Fish can go longer than a week if not eating, as long as they weren’t thin to begin with. I’ve seen fish go 2 weeks easily, but the problem needs to get fixed to get them eating again.

Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would Myxazin work?
It has acriflavine in it, so better than Pima fix. But it also has malachite green, so you can’t dose it with invertebrates in the tank.

Jay

OP
OP
R

reefo420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has acriflavine in it, so better than Pima fix. But it also has malachite green, so you can’t dose it with invertebrates in the tank.

Jay
Thank you1 I'll try that, amazon's gonna take another 3 days to get it here, he's ate today for the first time 3 days, but his eye is fked, can he live like that?

Attachments

• 381705598-7028724577151452-4842646650014493968-n_odt1Q9Oo.mp4
    10.2 MB
  • 381663143-6799654376747691-4246981323777775898-n_Di1qmhv3.mp4
    4 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you1 I'll try that, amazon's gonna take another 3 days to get it here, he's ate today for the first time 3 days, but his eye is fked, can he live like that?
Damaged eyes take a long time to heal, even when you use erythromycin.
Sometimes, there is permanent scarring, but more often they heal in 4 to 6 weeks.

Jay

OP
OP
R

reefo420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damaged eyes take a long time to heal, even when you use erythromycin.
Sometimes, there is permanent scarring, but more often they heal in 4 to 6 weeks.

Jay
thank you so much for your help, one last question, i just got intouch with someone that has metroplex, could that help?

Thanks1

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back