Free Salt Water

reefsaver

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2021
Messages
560
Reaction score
430
Location
Victoria, Melbourne
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of buying a 1000L water tank that could fit on my trailer. I've been doing a lot of fishing with friends recently and have started to notice that as the tide is coming to its highest point, the water is much clearer, especially the closer I get to open Sea as opposed to a Bay.
I had the thought that I could take the water-tank when I go for a fish, pre-emptively checking the tide times, I would need to get some kind of portable diaphragm pump to transport the water which I could power using a Motorcycle/Boat battery. I would probably need two 1000L tanks just to be able to offload the water, and the tank from the trailer so it can still be used.
 
I use natural sea water with no problems. Only thing that changes each time you will collect is salinity that you have to change for your tanks salinity. Best thing find a place you collect and take a sample just too check every is ok . But I have had no problems. No more buying salt and bang on levels when tested
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new