Fresh water dip???

brandon4432

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freshwater dip daily until the copper comes and then continue to do it until your fish is better! It works wonders when done correctly, make sure to precisely temp match the water though

lewis.maryann08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my copper in today no I am confused on how much to use in a 20 gallon QT tank anyone help me out?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mardel Coppersafe

Ok so the directions will give you an amount per gallon to put into the tank to bring the level up to therapeutic levels. This should be about 25 ml total for your 20 gallon tank. You don't want to bring it up right away like that, so you will break that up into 3 or 4 doses. You'll measure each time you dose it and verify that it's coming up slowly so as not to shock the fish.

So maybe you'll dose 5ml today. 5ml tomorrow, 5 ml Sunday, then 10 ml on monday. Something like that, but of course you'll have to make corrections if it measures differently than your expecting.

lewis.maryann08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What dose my copper test need to read any one know I am using the API Copper test kit

lewis.maryann08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost 2 clowns last night and my other 2 are not doing to good I checked the copper and it is 2.0 I did a water change to try to lower it some but it is still testing the same what do you think

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost 2 clowns last night and my other 2 are not doing to good I checked the copper and it is 2.0 I did a water change to try to lower it some but it is still testing the same what do you think

You may need to do another FW dip as it appeared your clowns could also have brook from the photos you posted. Do you happen to have any formalin, acriflavine or Metroplex on hand?

I'm sorry for your losses. :(

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I do have some formalin

Go ahead and dose that into the QT. You can safely mix it with copper. 2 drops per gallon every 48 hrs for one week.

However, you need to take precautions when using this stuff. Avoid any fumes from it and prevent your skin from coming in contact with it by wearing water proof gloves when working in the QT. Formalin will also deplete oxygen from the water, so add an extra airstone to the QT or point a small powerhead towards the surface of the water. You want LOTS of gas exchange going on when using formalin like you will see in this video:

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^Notice how the surface of the water is being agitated/disturbed. That draws in oxygen and that is what you want when mixing meds. :)

lewis.maryann08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine moving to the same thing I just lost my naso tang here is a picture of his so you my know what they have
b7f2bdc2784b547a3d20dca9e23060f0.jpg

Devildog1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as there are no corrals or invertebrates. You can add it to the tank. The best route is to setup a 10 gallon quarantine tank. And have that setup just for quarantine. If you do it I your display tank. You run the risk of killing any corals or inverts that you introduce in the future.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 150 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back