Freshwater Snowflake eel?

Echo2656

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard a sub-species of the snowflake eel called a freshwater snowflake eel originating from the Philippines was a lot smaller than the normal one, and would live in brackish water. Anyone know about this guy, like tank size and ect. Because I really want to keep an eel like this but most a really big.

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
golden dwarf don't get very big but are Hawaiian and its closed so probs wont be able to get 1 unless you find a private seller that already has 1

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard a sub-species of the snowflake eel called a freshwater snowflake eel originating from the Philippines was a lot smaller than the normal one, and would live in brackish water. Anyone know about this guy, like tank size and ect. Because I really want to keep an eel like this but most a really big.
it is that one. Same name, different species. Similar to Pom Pom crabs and Pom Pom crabs

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The “freshwater snowflake moray” is gymnothorax tile - more closely related to the green moray (Gymnothorax funebris) than to the snowflake eel (echidna nebulosa). It is called a freshwater moray but should be kept in brackish water. The only moray that can survive in freshwater is the tiger moray (gymnothorax polyuranodon).
Both the g. Tile and snowflake need similar tank sizes. Minimum 75 gallons imo, google says 30 gallon but I can’t justify a 2 foot eel in so small a tank.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The “freshwater snowflake moray” is gymnothorax tile - more closely related to the green moray (Gymnothorax funebris) than to the snowflake eel (echidna nebulosa). It is called a freshwater moray but should be kept in brackish water. The only moray that can survive in freshwater is the tiger moray (gymnothorax polyuranodon).
Both the g. Tile and snowflake need similar tank sizes. Minimum 75 gallons imo, google says 30 gallon but I can’t justify a 2 foot eel in so small a tank.
what are you talking about, my dragon eel gets along fine the the powder blue tang and 4 parrotfish inside the canister filter, it needs 1 gallon maximum.

Back