Frog spawn losing tissue

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
06DF9D47-417D-4C6E-904D-ADDE87AA60A5.jpeg

Coral was happy fully extended till a couple of days ago, suddenly just these two heads pulledin and the one in front showed severe tissue loss overnight. No brown icky tissue, other frog spawns and hammer corals are happy!
coral is in this place for over 6 month and was growing.
Any suggestions?

Reefer5640

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of fish do you have? Any new additions or potential pickers? I had a file fish for about a year and it never nipped at anything until one weekend we went to our cabin and missed two days of feeding. We came home to 25% of my zoas missing.
Another potential is coral warfare or is it possible the flow has changed and is too aggressive now due to cleaning a power head or buying a new power head? Just a couple of thoughts

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would those few bleached tentacles (bottom right) be a sign of anything?
Any changes to the tank recently?

OP
OP
Jeto2004

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of fish do you have? Any new additions or potential pickers? I had a file fish for about a year and it never nipped at anything until one weekend we went to our cabin and missed two days of feeding. We came home to 25% of my zoas missing.
Another potential is coral warfare or is it possible the flow has changed and is too aggressive now due to cleaning a power head or buying a new power head? Just a couple of thoughts
As above, is there anything to the left that could have stung it?

Thank you all for your reply's - Sorry for lack of engagement from my site, life outside of reefing took over and needed my full attention.

I do have a copper band and a file fish that could have nipped at it but I have not observed them doing so. Haven't changed flow. However come to it, I added a RBT and it extends quite a bit during the day it may have made contact with the frog spawn.

I lost the two heads, but thus far the other head of the same colony seem completely fine.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back