Frogspawn and torch troubles

blazedbeef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been having some trouble getting my torch and one frogspawn to fully extend. I recently got a skittles torch and it looked great the first few weeks in the tank. It’s extension has been slowly declining and I’m wondering what’s making it upset. I also have a frogspawn that slowly shrunk and has been closed for a few months. I had a clownfish that would pick at the tentacles, so I rehomed it, but had no luck with getting it to open here are some pictures
662940DA-C523-454A-8077-A4F13B9C7E42.jpeg
Here’s my torch at it’s best and an unhappy frogspawn
C4EF8851-03E0-46BC-BAFF-FF850AA7F6A3.jpeg

This is the torch today
Here are my parameters I tested 2 days ago
Salinity 1.25
Phosphate .02
Nitrates 5-10
Calcium 420
Alkalinity 10.8

I had a problem with my calcium test kit a few weeks ago and it got down to 290 could this be why my coral is upset? I also have never tested the PAR in my tank.

Adam07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe the coral is still getting used to the tank, maybe the light is too strong for it. If it is too strong then try putting the coral at the bottom of the tank. If that is not the problem then dip the coral, Maybe something is bugging it.

OP
OP
B

blazedbeef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe the coral is still getting used to the tank, maybe the light is too strong for it. If it is too strong then try putting the coral at the bottom of the tank. If that is not the problem then dip the coral, Maybe something is bugging it.
I’m starting to bring my lighting down I didn’t realize it was running 100% with blues peaking at 90% and Uv and purple at 85% on my AI prime. I dipped the coral before putting it in the tank but my new clownfish seems to like that specific torch and swims close it on occasion but never in it like it is hosting an anemone. Thanks for the reply!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back