Frozen Cyclops Food Issues

Subnautica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a new pack and the color looks very different from the old one (which was bought a few weeks ago). Both have expiration date up to 2022. What's going on? I think it has something to do with different batch of cyclops?

Oh one is $1 more than the other, lol. Guess LFS just raised the price.

20200925_185544.jpg

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id start using the new one 100%.

Think of it kinda like that Ribeye youve been saving in the freezer for 6 months.

Is it vacuum sealed? Yes....
Is it grey? Absolutely.....
Would you eat it? Only if i was starving....

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what you’re keeping. Unless it’s a fish that needs every bite to be as nutritionally complete as possible (seahorses, for example), you should be safe to continue using the old package. Best to just finish it off. A way to keep this from happening in the future, would be to keep the frozen food in the coldest part of the freezer as possible (away from the doors, near the freezing unit, etc.)

Said ribeye would be great smothered in onions ala chaliapin steak.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what you’re keeping. Unless it’s a fish that needs every bite to be as nutritionally complete as possible (seahorses, for example), you should be safe to continue using the old package. Best to just finish it off. A way to keep this from happening in the future, would be to keep the frozen food in the coldest part of the freezer as possible (away from the doors, near the freezing unit, etc.)

Said ribeye would be great smothered in onions ala chaliapin steak.
I prefer my ribeye not to taste 6 months old unless its dry aged :)
It likes to pick up every other flavor in my freezer even through food saver bags.
1 month tops for steaks in my freezer lol.

Most of those frozen food blister packs get holes poked overtime and end up spoiling the contents before finishing the pack.
Especially in a crystalized freezer.

Also, dont know if cyclopeeze smothered in onions ala chaliapin would be very good for the tank inhabitants ;)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 58.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.4%
Back