Frustrated: RedSea Reefrun DC 7000 Runs Loud

gulios

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my setup is 425 XL with all stuff (don't use skimmer, just reefmat) from RS but after 3 days i had enough and had to buy new return pump because RS 7000 DC was very loud.
I've got refund and bought Maxspect Jump MJ-DC8K which is dead silent on 10th level of 20.
With RSrun on 10% it was nightmare.

it's shame that big company like RS selling not tested product especially they advertise like "Apple" with high end products.

Rest of products like: reefato, aquarium, reefwave, reefmat etc are great but NOT return pump.
Maybe these are "childhood" problems and we have to wait for a new batch of pumps from the factory.

Check that video https://static.gulios.com/redsea/pompa.MOV

OP
OP
S

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my setup is 425 XL with all stuff (don't use skimmer, just reefmat) from RS but after 3 days i had enough and had to buy new return pump because RS 7000 DC was very loud.
I've got refund and bought Maxspect Jump MJ-DC8K which is dead silent on 10th level of 20.
With RSrun on 10% it was nightmare.

it's shame that big company like RS selling not tested product especially they advertise like "Apple" with high end products.

Rest of products like: reefato, aquarium, reefwave, reefmat etc are great but NOT return pump.
Maybe these are "childhood" problems and we have to wait for a new batch of pumps from the factory.

Check that video https://static.gulios.com/redsea/pompa.MOV
Yes, welcome to the buyer's regret club. He RedSea Reefrun return pumps are OEM'd pumps from Sicce. When I sent RedSea customer service a video with sound of the Reefrun running they said the loud hum was the pump operating normally! Needless to say I will avoid both RedSea and Sicce pumps going forward.

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, welcome to the buyer's regret club. He RedSea Reefrun return pumps are OEM'd pumps from Sicce. When I sent RedSea customer service a video with sound of the Reefrun running they said the loud hum was the pump operating normally! Needless to say I will avoid both RedSea and Sicce pumps going forward.
From my experience all Sicce pumps hum…
There are users that don’t mind the hum so I am assuming some of us are just sensitive. I have collection of few Sicce pumps and I am not experimenting any more.

OP
OP
S

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience all Sicce pumps hum…
There are users that don’t mind the hum so I am assuming some of us are just sensitive. I have collection of few Sicce pumps and I am not experimenting any more.
I feel your pain. I started the hobby by buying three Sicce pumps. Other than the Sicce Zero utility pump I cannot recommend any of the others due to the not silent operation. The Sicce Zero I only use to mix salt and move water. For those uses I don't mind the noise.

merkmerk73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sicce quality is great and their customer service is great but their DC pumps are inexcusably loud

And since Red Sea white labeled them well there ya go

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back