Frustrated: RedSea Reefrun DC 7000 Runs Loud

gulios

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my setup is 425 XL with all stuff (don't use skimmer, just reefmat) from RS but after 3 days i had enough and had to buy new return pump because RS 7000 DC was very loud.
I've got refund and bought Maxspect Jump MJ-DC8K which is dead silent on 10th level of 20.
With RSrun on 10% it was nightmare.

it's shame that big company like RS selling not tested product especially they advertise like "Apple" with high end products.

Rest of products like: reefato, aquarium, reefwave, reefmat etc are great but NOT return pump.
Maybe these are "childhood" problems and we have to wait for a new batch of pumps from the factory.

Check that video https://static.gulios.com/redsea/pompa.MOV

OP
OP
S

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my setup is 425 XL with all stuff (don't use skimmer, just reefmat) from RS but after 3 days i had enough and had to buy new return pump because RS 7000 DC was very loud.
I've got refund and bought Maxspect Jump MJ-DC8K which is dead silent on 10th level of 20.
With RSrun on 10% it was nightmare.

it's shame that big company like RS selling not tested product especially they advertise like "Apple" with high end products.

Rest of products like: reefato, aquarium, reefwave, reefmat etc are great but NOT return pump.
Maybe these are "childhood" problems and we have to wait for a new batch of pumps from the factory.

Check that video https://static.gulios.com/redsea/pompa.MOV
Yes, welcome to the buyer's regret club. He RedSea Reefrun return pumps are OEM'd pumps from Sicce. When I sent RedSea customer service a video with sound of the Reefrun running they said the loud hum was the pump operating normally! Needless to say I will avoid both RedSea and Sicce pumps going forward.

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, welcome to the buyer's regret club. He RedSea Reefrun return pumps are OEM'd pumps from Sicce. When I sent RedSea customer service a video with sound of the Reefrun running they said the loud hum was the pump operating normally! Needless to say I will avoid both RedSea and Sicce pumps going forward.
From my experience all Sicce pumps hum…
There are users that don’t mind the hum so I am assuming some of us are just sensitive. I have collection of few Sicce pumps and I am not experimenting any more.

OP
OP
S

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience all Sicce pumps hum…
There are users that don’t mind the hum so I am assuming some of us are just sensitive. I have collection of few Sicce pumps and I am not experimenting any more.
I feel your pain. I started the hobby by buying three Sicce pumps. Other than the Sicce Zero utility pump I cannot recommend any of the others due to the not silent operation. The Sicce Zero I only use to mix salt and move water. For those uses I don't mind the noise.

merkmerk73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sicce quality is great and their customer service is great but their DC pumps are inexcusably loud

And since Red Sea white labeled them well there ya go

TastyScrants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My replacement DC skimmer pump became noisy after its first maintenance. Spent hours rebuilding it, applying molykote, troubleshooting with customer service.

In the end I had to chalk up the loss and remove the entire reefrun system from my tank.

Replaced them with a Jecod dcp6500 pump (it’s so silent I have to check it’s actually on) and a Deltec 400i.

The Redsea stuff has gone into my attic to keep for emergency spares. I could sell it but I can’t in good faith do it to a fellow reefer.

On the other hand I will say my Reefmat, Reefdose, and Reefled (which is supplementing my 2x XR15s) have worked great for a few years now.

That said I won’t be in a rush to buy any Redsea equipment in the future.

gulios

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yesterday i've checked ReefRun 5500 DC and it was a bit quieter than 7000 but still not acceptable for the room in which you live ;( so for me it was second and probably last pump from Red Sea. Maybe in the future when they realize that they breake their brand by selling product like this.

Right now Maxspect Jump is light years ahead of RS pumps

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 121 81.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back