Full Tank Shot Help

ataylo13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can never get the FTS that I really want. I have tried to tweak most every setting I can find on the camera (Canon 450D w 17-55 F2.8). I am open to any ideas/tips. The most recent shot I have:

532206060_xUU7v-XL.jpg

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're about a half a stop to the dark side. Your reef is going to have some blown areas. Unavoidable in most fts. Use your Levels adjustments, particularly the mid-range, and the shadow highlight tool to open up the shadows and bring down the highlights. This image is pretty close. Your water appears to have a lot of bubbles/debris in it, which is refracting light and altering sharpness. Shoot a bracket, one stop overexposed, according to your meter; one shot that is what your meter says is the proper exposure; and one that is one stop underexposed. Then choose the best of the bunch. Make sure your flow is off and the water relatively debris free. Shoot in RAW. If you want, send me the RAW files and I'll help you with the PS part of it.
Gary

mcliffy2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow dude, it looks so empty :( I cut some frags the other day and they are in QT being dipped weekly, so we'll getcha re-stocked in no time. And I like the new scape.

no real thoughts on the camera settings, but giving the pumps a soak in vinegar and scraping the walls perfectly clean could improve the staging for your rock/corals.

OP
OP
ataylo13

ataylo13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep looking at the aquascaping and feel the tank looks way to empty, but I am taking it slow restocking. For some reason I found all the fish I wanted to restock with right away, so I am now figuring out what acros I want to seed the tank with.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back