Fungia Plate right?

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

Dragen Fiend

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2024
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
1,207
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I couldn't pass this one up for $100. I may have underestimated how big it was for the tank it was going in.

Its been 24hrs now. Feeding response was good this morning.

I forgot what the owner said but I'm pretty sure this is some sort of fungai plate coral.
IMG_0324.jpg
IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg
 
Not necessarily a Fungia; there are other monostomatous, free-living Fungiids it could be. My best guess would be either Fungia or Lithophyllon. Fungiids are hard to identify when inflated.

Inb4 someone says Diaseris; the extra mouth(s) look to be aberrations from damage to the corallum. Ex-Diaseris (now Cycloseris) do not grow this big and also do not have this teal coloration.
 
Well I couldn't pass this one up for $100. I may have underestimated how big it was for the tank it was going in.

Its been 24hrs now. Feeding response was good this morning.

I forgot what the owner said but I'm pretty sure this is some sort of fungai plate coral.
IMG_0324.jpg
IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg
I can’t help with scientific names but dang that’s a gorgeous coral!
 
Well I couldn't pass this one up for $100. I may have underestimated how big it was for the tank it was going in.

Its been 24hrs now. Feeding response was good this morning.

I forgot what the owner said but I'm pretty sure this is some sort of fungai plate coral.
IMG_0324.jpg
IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg
Looks great and healthy keep a eye on its mouth and make sure it doesn’t start to show flesh.
 
Looks great and healthy keep a eye on its mouth and make sure it doesn’t start to show flesh.
Thanks. I did notice at times usually prior to feeding its puffed up and mouth is open pretty wide. It seems normal behavior though. Only thing that was questionable was stringy slime near the mouth. Not a lot but read it was to capture food.
IMG_0329.jpg
IMG_0331.jpg
IMG_0328.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new