Fungia Plate right?

Dragen Fiend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I couldn't pass this one up for $100. I may have underestimated how big it was for the tank it was going in.

Its been 24hrs now. Feeding response was good this morning.

I forgot what the owner said but I'm pretty sure this is some sort of fungai plate coral.
IMG_0324.jpg
IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not necessarily a Fungia; there are other monostomatous, free-living Fungiids it could be. My best guess would be either Fungia or Lithophyllon. Fungiids are hard to identify when inflated.

Inb4 someone says Diaseris; the extra mouth(s) look to be aberrations from damage to the corallum. Ex-Diaseris (now Cycloseris) do not grow this big and also do not have this teal coloration.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I couldn't pass this one up for $100. I may have underestimated how big it was for the tank it was going in.

I forgot what the owner said but I'm pretty sure this is some sort of fungai plate coral.
IMG_0324.jpg
IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg
I can’t help with scientific names but dang that’s a gorgeous coral!

reefsUP2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_0324.jpg
IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg
Looks great and healthy keep a eye on its mouth and make sure it doesn’t start to show flesh.

OP
OP
Dragen Fiend

Dragen Fiend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great and healthy keep a eye on its mouth and make sure it doesn’t start to show flesh.
Thanks. I did notice at times usually prior to feeding its puffed up and mouth is open pretty wide. It seems normal behavior though. Only thing that was questionable was stringy slime near the mouth. Not a lot but read it was to capture food.
IMG_0329.jpg
IMG_0331.jpg
IMG_0328.jpg

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 30 15.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 47 23.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 114 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back