TheReefNoob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm bad but didn't use any of the corner brackets, I didn't on my 139 gallon so figured they weren't necessary on this. The wall mounts are to keep your tank from tipping over, again I didn't use them. The 2 metal covers with DTC go over your hinges.
Thanks so much, that's what I thought. It's funny in your statement about the IKEA furniture in building this cabinet. My wife said the samething after she saw the instructions on how to build it. All good, I work it out and I'm setting up the rest. Thanks again for the help. [emoji2]

OP
OP
g5flier

g5flier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much, that's what I thought. It's funny in your statement about the IKEA furniture in building this cabinet. My wife said the samething after she saw the instructions on how to build it. All good, I work it out and I'm setting up the rest. Thanks again for the help. [emoji2]
Good luck, glad to see another WB build taking place, thought I was the only one...

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking Waterbox setup! I was surprised you said the plumbing was standard US. I got a waterbox 135.4 and it was definitely not US sizes. I had to get some metric to US adapters to add a manifold on the return line.

OP
OP
g5flier

g5flier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking Waterbox setup! I was surprised you said the plumbing was standard US. I got a waterbox 135.4 and it was definitely not US sizes. I had to get some metric to US adapters to add a manifold on the return line.
You know I didn't do any modifications to the plumbing on this build and I assumed it was US standard, if that's not the case I'm terribly sorry. Definitely all schedule 80 PVC.

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know I didn't do any modifications to the plumbing on this build and I assumed it was US standard, if that's not the case I'm terribly sorry. Definitely all schedule 80 PVC.

No need to apologize, I just read your post and have had my tank up a couple months so your statement certainly didn’t help me make any decisions! I believe my return line was 25mm which i had to have an adapter to get it to 3/4” for my plumbing. It was schedule 80 for sure, just a pain if you want to modify it at all.

OP
OP
g5flier

g5flier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a whole lot going on with the build at this time. The WB so far is flawless, I've had to adjust the flow into the sump a couple times, its very touchy but not much different then my RSR valve, it takes micro-movements to set it but once it is set its very quiet.

I'm seeing some uglies coming (diatoms) on the rocks, bare bottom and the glass and very anxious to see them dissipate. All water parameters are testing just fine, even Nitrates only 1PPM.

I'm waiting on UPS to deliver my 30 foot Apex Aquabus cable so I can hook this tank up to my Apex via a PM1 module. Have to love UPS, my package has now been out for delivery 5 days in a row but they are too busy to complete all deliveries due to Christmas. I'm beyond ticked with them, especially since I ordered other items days after the cable and they all arrived, hoping its not lost since everyone is out of the 30 foot length! Once I get it in, hopefully this week I'll re-engage on the build, till then not much to do but clean the glass. Happy reefing...

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 9.41.35 PM.png

OP
OP
g5flier

g5flier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is too funny, not 5 minutes after I made the last post about UPS my doorbell rang, 950PM and it was UPS with my cable! Let the build commence!
IMG_3483.JPG

Weevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up a WB shallow 30 and could not be more impressed with the construction, very nice and i own a red sea too. Water box details are a Little better.

TheReefNoob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I took some time off, both to see Star Wars and to set-up my Waterbox this past weekend I started putting in DI/RO water starting at the sump 1st then moving to the display tank (running at 6.5 gph). Decided to test my power connections and my return pump ran and started to shoot water in to the tank. Not a big deal till I noticed a couple of drips coming from the return pump connection.
1bd2984097e76e66ec715829debafedf.jpg

Now I'm freaking out... I emailed Waterbox, Jessica from customer service got back to me on the phone within a couple of minutes. She was awesome, they overnighted a replacement part for a Saturday delivery. I got the tank filled and running about 11pm Saturday night.
6af0f692ec3d1345f0e045bddcc833f2.jpg

I just added some Bio-Spira but I forgot to pickup some ammonia to quick cycle the tank. But I started to ghost feed.

Weevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jessica is awesome! Best customer service !

OP
OP
g5flier

g5flier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I took some time off, both to see Star Wars and to set-up my Waterbox this past weekend I started putting in DI/RO water starting at the sump 1st then moving to the display tank (running at 6.5 gph). Decided to test my power connections and my return pump ran and started to shoot water in to the tank. Not a big deal till I noticed a couple of drips coming from the return pump connection.

Now I'm freaking out... I emailed Waterbox, Jessica from customer service got back to me on the phone within a couple of minutes. She was awesome, they overnighted a replacement part for a Saturday delivery. I got the tank filled and running about 11pm Saturday night.

I just added some Bio-Spira but I forgot to pickup some ammonia to quick cycle the tank. But I started to ghost feed.
Glad you were able to get things worked out with them! Your tank really looks great! My return line had a drip but I tightened down with two clamps and it was working leak free. I considered going with hard plumbing but wanted to try the hose that came with it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
g5flier

g5flier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was 1 month yesterday that I started this WB 75.2 build. Happy to report there has not been one issue with the WB system! Everything is dialed in and the tank runs extremely quiet, definitely quieter then my RedSea 525, in all fairness the 525 is nearly double the size. Even the ATO that gave me an initial problem has performed flawlessly since then, it even runs very quiet (I'm used to my APEX ATK on the RSR which is very loud!).

Life in the WB...since the addition of the 2 clowns, over the 1st month I added a Flame Angel, a pair of Kaudern's Cardinal's and a Fire Shrimp. There are 5 turbos to keep things tidy. Will likely add another 1-2 small fish as the tank maturers, not sure yet what I'd like to go with. Anyone thinking this is too soon for 5 fish please recall that I started with live rock.

I seeded the tank with a small scrapping of Coralline from my RSR in week 3 and its taken a nice hold with growth now on the bare bottom, live rock and powerhead. Seeing the coralline I Figured it was ready for a coral test so I took 2 montipori frags from my other system along with a few zoa polyps and added them to the WB, they've been in the system for over a week now and still looking good.

Water tests are good, I've not started to dose yet given there are good levels of KH, Ca and Mg from the small weekly water change but my Apex DOS is standing by when its time to start. For dosing containers I went the DIY route and built them from 2 glass 800 ML VOSS water bottles and parts from BRS, total cost was about $10 and they look great! Nitrate measures ZERO using a RedSea kit and my Hanna Phosphorus checker shows Phosphates at 0.05ppm, now just need to get those nitrates up to at least 1-2PPM so I'm feeding a bit more then normal and only running the skimmer several hours per day.

I'm running a slightly modified Coral Lab AB+ light schedule, the single Radion XR30 G4 Pro runs at 45% brightness and so far that seems to be a good spot with the limited corals in the system. I'll post some photos in the next few days.

Bottom line is the WB is a great system and performs well, no regrets at this stage.

Last edited:

Darth George

View Badges
Reaction score
East of the West Coast, West of the East Coast.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! I just got the 75.2 as well. I had to soak that return tubing in hot water for 5 minutes before I got it all the way on the nozzle. Are you using the lid? I don't know if I actually got the right one. I've seen some people just get sock covers.

OP
OP
g5flier

g5flier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! I just got the 75.2 as well. I had to soak that return tubing in hot water for 5 minutes before I got it all the way on the nozzle. Are you using the lid? I don't know if I actually got the right one. I've seen some people just get sock covers.
Thats fantastic, sure you will like it...ALOT! I was able to slip it on but it really took some force, I was just about ready to put the heat gun on it before it finally went on! I did have to double clamp it to keep it from leaking, you might want to try the same. At some point I'll probably go with hard plumbing but for now the tube works great. I was getting some minor spray from the socks area so I went to Home Depot and bought a small piece of clear acrylic for about $4, it fits over it perfectly and no more spray. I'm not using the cover, at least not yet, not sure if I will or not. Enjoy the build, its a great little tank!

OP
OP
g5flier

g5flier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So how is the Waterbox coming along ReefNoob?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

TheReefNoob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going well, I did a quick cycle using Bio-Spira and Dr Tim's Ammonia. All levels are at zerro but Nitrate. I added a couple of fish, a couple days later. I did take a lost of one of my clowns. But everyone else is ok . Just adding more stuff to the sump like a reactor (running carbon/gfo). So far so good. Just running out of space in the sump since I want to put a Refugium some where in there. [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

OP
OP
g5flier

g5flier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going well, I did a quick cycle using Bio-Spira and Dr Tim's Ammonia. All levels are at zerro but Nitrate. I added a couple of fish, a couple days later. I did take a lost of one of my clowns. But everyone else is ok . Just adding more stuff to the sump like a reactor (running carbon/gfo). So far so good. Just running out of space in the sump since I want to put a Refugium some where in there. [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]
Sorry about the clown loss, glad everything else is going well! I’m interested in your refugium solution, darn if I see room for one in there.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back