TheReefNoob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the clown loss, glad everything else is going well! I’m interested in your refugium solution, darn if I see room for one in there.
I got Copepodes... So tank is doing well. I haven't even clean my glass because these little guys are doing there work and I don't want to kill them. Also my fish are in love with there new buffet, even my watchman goby has come out of his cave to feast on the glass. My tank are infested with them floating in the water too. Clowns, Cardinals and Gody are having a good time snacking on them too.

11e7f34dec758954e9f252c1a41e1098.jpg

899eb9470c89a404a8fd58438318d9dc.jpg

OP
OP
g5flier

g5flier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got Copepodes... So tank is doing well. I haven't even clean my glass because these little guys are doing there work and I don't want to kill them. Also my fish are in love with there new buffet, even my watchman goby has come out of his cave to feast on the glass. My tank are infested with them floating in the water too. Clowns, Cardinals and Gody are having a good time snacking on them too.

11e7f34dec758954e9f252c1a41e1098.jpg

899eb9470c89a404a8fd58438318d9dc.jpg
Fantastic, what did they come in on?

TheReefNoob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic, what did they come in on?
The only thing "live" I started my tank with is Caribsea Live sand. My rock was Caribsea Dry Rock. But they are everywhere now. When I change out my filter socks, I flick them to rescue the pods and place them in my sump. But I was really excite to see them.

OP
OP
g5flier

g5flier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates or pics? I'm looking at buying one of these myself.

Tank is now 6 weeks old, going thru the uglies and honestly not much happening at this time which is a good thing. 3 weeks ago I added three monti's and the 4 fish are all doing well. Had an algae bloom that lasted about 3 weeks that is now clearing up nicely. Coralline is spreading nicely, all parameters are in check except Nitrate and to correct that I started dosing Potassium Nitrate to get it off ZERO and closer to 2ppm. Since dosing the Potassium Nitrate the monti's have gotten even better color.

The WaterBox itself has been just fine, no issues to report, if you are looking for some thing in this size range I'd highly recommend one. For me the size of the display and the sump took some getting used to since my other tank is a RedSea 525. Bigger is always better but it 75 gallons is a good size for you go for it!

IMG_3531.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
g5flier

g5flier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good :)

Thank you! The WaterBox sure is a nice system, everything going very well at this stage.

One thing that many people probably don't even take into account but the WB 75.2 is also nice in that it only needs one Radion XR30. The RSR250 really needs two. Now I just need to win that 135 next month!

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stalking your build cause we all know I’m winning that contest :D

In all seriousness since I saw the contest I have been drooling over the tanks. I will replace my current 40 breeder with one. Will be nice to move on from trailer trash to a mansion lol!

Beautiful build and I really like that size and shape. If I don’t win I may go with this size that you have.

OP
OP
g5flier

g5flier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stalking your build cause we all know I’m winning that contest :D

In all seriousness since I saw the contest I have been drooling over the tanks. I will replace my current 40 breeder with one. Will be nice to move on from trailer trash to a mansion lol!

Beautiful build and I really like that size and shape. If I don’t win I may go with this size that you have.
Best of luck to you on the contest, if you don't win the 75 is a fantastic system, just can't go wrong with it.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious on your RSM mount, did the overflow cover with the cutout clear the mount?
The sump cover makes no sense to me in that you cannot easily take it off due to the threaded return hose and getting the filter socks out through that opening looks messy.

OP
OP
g5flier

g5flier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious on your RSM mount, did the overflow cover with the cutout clear the mount?
The sump cover makes no sense to me in that you cannot easily take it off due to the threaded return hose and getting the filter socks out through that opening looks messy.
The Radion mount fits perfect, I cut away part of the cover. I’m not using the provided sump cover, it’s just not practical. Instead I made a small cover only for the socks area to keep splashing to a minimum.

Littlebit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is too funny, not 5 minutes after I made the last post about UPS my doorbell rang, 950PM and it was UPS with my cable! Let the build commence!
IMG_3483.JPG

They actually rang the doorbell?! They just walk up half the driveway and throw it to front door, here in Houston. Then run back to the truck and take off as fast as they can lol.

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking really good!

Back