GBTA & HD Prime16 acclimation?

mojoepin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I used to successfully keep many RBTAs under 250w of MH. I have since gotten a FOWLR tank but wanted to get a GBTA for my clowns.

My tank is shallow it’s a cobalt 40g all-in-one. I have a single Prime 16 HD over the center as I have no corals. I recently got a nice GBTA and acclimated it and placed it under the Prime in the center it’s set at about halfway for my blues violet and kept the reds/greens low and white maybe 25%

Initially all seemed well and it footed on a rock towards the bottom of the tank under the light and bubbled up. The next day I noticed it looked less open and the following night its foot had come lose as It seemed it wanted to move.

I have never had success with nems and LEDS I had swapped from MH to Radion years ago and all my RBTA slowly died off.

How can I tell if I’m giving the nem too much light or if it’s not enough via LEDs? I currently have dialed things back to the 30% area as I was thinking 50-75 was too much if a shock, but I have no idea. When it unfooted I moved it up onto a rock close to the surface. It still didn’t look great a day after footing there.

thanks for any help!

OP
OP
M

mojoepin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow might be something to look at as well. Anemones can and do shuffle around at random on occasion.
Thanks flow is definitely ok it’s medium so it is swaying and not too much.

It’s just frustrating to not know if I’m going too low or too high on the LEDs. I miss the “set it forget it” of my MH with a single Radium no dialing in and all flourished.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back