gcarroll's 260g SPS reef

The aquascape is planned for this Friday. Will be using Marco Rock shelf rock. Joe Caparatta of Unique Corals is coming by to help with the aquascape. I'll be sure to take photos and get them updated for the thread. Sorry for the delays.
Good things come to those who wait! ;)

And wait... and wait... and wait.. :p
 
The aquascaping came out awesome! Big thanks to Joe at @uniquecorals. He is definitely one of the best aquascaping geniuses out there!
d71734c0b3e9da7d59a58009e589a899.jpg
 
Last edited:
The aquascaping came out awesome! Big thanks to Joe of @Unique Corals. He is definitely one of the best aquascaping geniuses out there!
d71734c0b3e9da7d59a58009e589a899.jpg
That is sharp, and a Unique scape. I like the minimal contact with the tank bottom. What rock is that? Hows about a top down shot
 
The aquascaping came out awesome! Big thanks to Joe of @Unique Corals. He is definitely one of the best aquascaping geniuses out there!
d71734c0b3e9da7d59a58009e589a899.jpg
Wow, that did turn out great!

It is a little dry for my taste though. ;)
 
The aquascaping came out awesome! Big thanks to Joe of @Unique Corals. He is definitely one of the best aquascaping geniuses out there!
d71734c0b3e9da7d59a58009e589a899.jpg

Finally we have an amazing update . Looks sick !!!!!
Greg -could you give me a rough estimate of how many pounds of rocks were used ?
A top view and side view will help too .

Regards,
Abhishek
 
That is sharp, and a Unique scape. I like the minimal contact with the tank bottom. What rock is that? Hows about a top down shot
The tank was aquascaped using Marco Rock’s new Premium Shelf Rock. It can also be found similarly at BRS as Reef Savers Shelf Aquatic Dry Rock. You can really make some creative designs.

http://www.marcorocks.com/products/shelf/marcorocks-premium-shelf-rock-cherry-picked-40lb-box/
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-reef-saver-shelf-aquarium-dry-live-rock.html

The bottom pieces are cut flat so they lie flat on the bottom.
9bb989d3a4d51f37799f261a60501c13.jpg
 
Last edited:
Finally we have an amazing update . Looks sick !!!!!
Greg -could you give me a rough estimate of how many pounds of rocks were used ?
A top view and side view will help too .

Regards,
Abhishek
We used about 200 lbs of rock.

30a0cc855bbfdbea04fa81c11ee3cf32.jpg

de6c20dbadbfc8b77931bcc115a00303.jpg
 
Man thats a great Idea to keep the bottom flowing. ..Hey you doing sand ?......AND still dont see a sump...;)
 
Man thats a great Idea to keep the bottom flowing. ..Hey you doing sand ?......AND still dont see a sump...;)
Haven’t decided on sand. I think it would look good with or without. I will probably start without And see how I like it. The advantage is I can really crank up the flow without.
 
The aquascaping came out awesome! Big thanks to Joe of @Unique Corals. He is definitely one of the best aquascaping geniuses out there!
d71734c0b3e9da7d59a58009e589a899.jpg
This is looking amazing Greg! I might steal this idea;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new