Gen5 blue dead violet led

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

slayertx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just letting everyone know I got my hands on a pair of g5b x15's and one of the pair has a dead Violet led. I'm not sure if I'm happy with the lights yet or not. If they were previous gens a dead led would def be a reason to rma. I put in a ticket but it sounds like the rma process is at a standstill right now with the beer flu. For the premium shouldn't have any issues but here we are. Anyone know what their RMA turn around is?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What usually happens is they will get back with you and gather info. Pictures, serial number, shipping address, etc.. Once you supply all that info then you call them.

(optional) Give them a CC#, they charge you $1 to be sure it's a legit card and you get a replacement sent. Depending on where you live in relation to them depends on how long it takes to get it.
Once you have the replacement you ship yours back. If you don't you get charged for the price of a new one.

Or

You send your bad light, wait, they send you the replacement or repair. No idea how long this takes as I've never gone this route.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ETM turnaround for Warranty replacements is usually a week. As for the availability of G5s that's another question. With all the other reports out there seems ETM is working diligently to correct multiple problems with the G5s. Mainly the cracked housing.

In your case I suspect they will ask for a CC then charge you a non-refundable $1 to validate the card for a warranty replacement. They may get you a return label first so they have your defective light in hand before sending out a replacement. Which I have experienced with RMAs for their pumps. Who knows, given your situation they may just ship one out right away. Others are reporting 1-2 day replacements even with Saturday deliveries as well. Overall I think it just boils down to if they have any units for replacement on hand or if they're waiting on a fresh batch off the production line.

Jay Sperandio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please contact our customer service for support - we do have limited operational capacity as is PA requirement and good social practice but at this point you should not see much if any delay in getting a response and even with physical service. Also ETM does not actively monitor forum channels as service support is not actively managed - so to ensure satisfaction with our brand and products please contact us directly.

OP
OP
slayertx

slayertx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked with Tim at ET they are sending me a replacement. He expected 5-10 days before I got the new one just so everyone knows. Given the circumstances this is understandable to me. On further inspection the same light also has the cracked bezel issue however I don't believe them to be related and may not have bothered with a ticket just for that. The other light seems to be in good working order

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 64 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%
Back