Getting ready to get back into the hobby!

Budman93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I'm a 23 year old reefer from MA who has just started to get back into the hobby. I started when I was about 16 with a 72 gallon bowfront tank I bought fully stocked on craigslist for a little over $300. I thought I knew what I was doing but I was young and dumb and was really just in love with fish and aquariums. I basically had a primitive filter, a basic skimmer, and really only checked temp and salinity but I managed to keep a purple tang, foxface, damselfish and a few other critters for a little over a year and a half until it crashed.

"Anemones are awesome!" 17 year old me thought to myself. "I'll buy one and a clownfish and my tank will be the best!" One dead anemone and nuked tank later I learned a hard lesson.

This time I am looking to do it right though. I now have the money to afford proper equipment and plan on researching for at least a month before I decide whether or not it is worth diving into again. I've started creating excel sheets with necessary equipment, ideal fish/inverts, and prices. The past few days I've just been reading forums and watching videos to try and gather a consensus on what works best and some good tips in the hobby. Just discovered this forum so I'm looking forward to gathering some new tips and soaking up all the knowledge I can from you guys!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

welcom.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 72 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back