Getting Started the Right Way!

emilyferguson

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello all! I am finally getting around to making a r2r profile. I have been in the hobby for about 8 months and had a tragic start! (Well, maybe not tragic. I didn’t kill anything) Today, I finally took the jump and bought a 32 gallon bio cube that I have the knowledge to set up right with a few questions along the way. I can’t wait for this tank to be what I was hoping for when I jumped in blind with my 10 gallon!

Tommy's Phyto

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Tommy's Phyto

Dom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello all! I am finally getting around to making a r2r profile. I have been in the hobby for about 8 months and had a tragic start! (Well, maybe not tragic. I didn’t kill anything) Today, I finally took the jump and bought a 32 gallon bio cube that I have the knowledge to set up right with a few questions along the way. I can’t wait for this tank to be what I was hoping for when I jumped in blind with my 10 gallon!

Hello and welcome to the forum. :)

A 32 gallon tank is a good place to start. In this hobby, stability is our friend. And the bigger the tank, the smaller the fluctuations in salinity and other elements.

The best approach is to decide what you'd like to keep and then select your tank and equipment around your planned inhabitants.

So in your original post, you said: "I can't wait for this tank to be what I was hoping for when I jumped in blind with my 10 gallon".

Tell us; what do you hope for this tank to be?

Dom

Fritz
Zoanthids.com

What types of R2R interview articles are you most excited about?

• Specific reef topics! (List the ones you'd like to see us cover in the thread.)

Votes: 81 40.5%
  • Specific reef personalities! (List the people you'd like us to interview in the thread.)

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Not that concerned about the topics...I just wanna see the awesome PICTURES!

Votes: 37 18.5%
  • All of the above!! ...and yes, I'll list some in the thread. :-)

Votes: 72 36.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors