GHL Maxi Doser

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kalkwasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone here did a pre-order? Or has someone starter using one yet?
I like to get some feedback.
Apparently there is no regular shipment yet as I know.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're still in Pre-Order shipment status, once all pre-orders have been sent out, regular orders will ship, all in the order of order placed.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm waiting until they get in stock to order mine, no preorder here for the maxi. There's some guys that have them already, mostly in Europe it seems. A few here on R2R that have them can hopefully chime in.

OP
OP
kalkwasser

kalkwasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think those guys who had them here in the US are mostly pre-orders.
I am just reluctant to use my 2.1 as a ATO or water xchange module due to its less robust motor and tube.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The regular doser works fine as a ATO pump. One doesn’t lose massive amounts of water to evaporation. It’s always small amounts that a properly place float switch will pick up.

OP
OP
kalkwasser

kalkwasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone measure what is the minimal amount of evaporation before the float switch kick in?
I have not implement my 2.1 as a ATO yet, but I am sure since the float is analog. There is no way from the software point of view able to
adjust the amount of evaporation one choose to have.

And for those who have use the optical float switch. Did you guys feel that the optical one has a more smaller tolerant? Meaning more sensitive.

OP
OP
kalkwasser

kalkwasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone measure what is the minimal amount of evaporation before the float switch kick in?
I have not implement my 2.1 as a ATO yet, but I am sure since the float is analog. There is no way from the software point of view able to

And for those who have use the optical float switch. Did you guys feel that the optical one has a more smaller tolerant? Meaning more sensitive.
The regular doser works fine as a ATO pump. One doesn’t lose massive amounts of water to evaporation. It’s always small amounts that a properly place float switch will pick up.

OP
OP
kalkwasser

kalkwasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both and switches and where my switch needs to be on this tank the float model worked better do to water agitation.
Both have the same on and off point in my experience.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone here did a pre-order? Or has someone starter using one yet?
I like to get some feedback.
Apparently there is no regular shipment yet as I know.
Hi, I have had one for a month or so in the UK, I did post a few pics on on a thread, overall I’m really happy, these things are beasts!! I use it for AWC and it primes and pulls my saltwater 60 feet from my garage. They are a lot noisier than the 2.1 dosers and I don’t get the really high flow rate listed only 160ml/min, but over this distance I’m more than happy. Initially there have been a few software issues but Matthias has sorted most of them, the thermal cutout switch on mine is very sensitive and I have to use several small (48 x 700ml to give 33.6L/ day) doses in and out, rather than the big ones I would like, (saying that more frequent changes may be better in the long run) but again Matthias is trying to resolve this and has emailed to let me know he has a solution and all should be ok in a few days. I like this one so much I’m considering buying a second to run my ATO but unfortunately I’m maxed out on level sensors and would have to buy an expansion box as well as the doser and £600 is a lot of money to save me carrying a water barrel every few days..
4E313972-B78D-4DE4-9EB7-4C792E2F57D1.jpeg

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I use an optical sensor as my main ato trigger with a float switch as backup. I feel like the optical does keep the water level more consistent as it doesn't have to travel up and down to work. I did have to mess with the reaction time to get it to work properly in a turbulent sump. Now with it set to 10 seconds, the optical must not "see" water for 10 seconds to trigger consistently. This prevents it from constantly triggering on/off, although it still runs very often in my sump keeping the water level spot on!

OP
OP
kalkwasser

kalkwasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ Mortie31,

Thanks for sharing. I need that badly as I need to know how it actually perform doing heavy task with the Maxi doser.
Example like water exchange, filling up reservoir of RO and pulling / discarding waste water over a longer distance.
I didn't know there is a temp sensor inside until you mentioned here. Also the dropping of flow rate as distance increase. Thanks for these info.

Do you know how many hours are these motor rated and the lifespan hours of the tubes?

Im turned to GHL recently for my dosing partly of their reliability and also the software part where there are enough possibilities and scenarios.
I just got the 2.1 recently and when I heard the Maxi I was thrilled as I think there is a missing space in the dosing line that GHL should have.
Which is a more robust doser that can do heavy task but also at the same time can do precision dosing like volkar dosing for deintrator which need about 1 drop per sec to start. So I guess this pump is a good investment.

OP
OP
kalkwasser

kalkwasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing off subject, which is the tube nipples of the doser 2.1
They aint that good. Especially connection with the small doser tube.
Reason being I always see air bubble within my transparent line. Indicating air were being drawn into the line when you dose whatever liquid.
Maybe they can use a better barbed type connector.

I had to silicon them up to get a air tie connection for now.

I have order some good quality barb on the way to fix the issue.

crayon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The John Guest tubing fits the doser heads really well. I use a heat gun to warm up the tubing a bit and push it onto the 2.1 doser fitting right up to the flange. If you don’t get the tube mounted all the way to the flange, it will draw air.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing off subject, which is the tube nipples of the doser 2.1
They aint that good. Especially connection with the small doser tube.
Reason being I always see air bubble within my transparent line. Indicating air were being drawn into the line when you dose whatever liquid.
Maybe they can use a better barbed type connector.

I had to silicon them up to get a air tie connection for now.

I have order some good quality barb on the way to fix the issue.

Odd - I can't say I've had that issue. I use standard cheap air line tubing, replace it every 12 months or so. On my next build I'll probably go for silicone tubing.

OP
OP
kalkwasser

kalkwasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The John Guest tubing fits the doser heads really well. I use a heat gun to warm up the tubing a bit and push it onto the 2.1 doser fitting right up to the flange. If you don’t get the tube mounted all the way to the flange, it will draw air.

I am using food grade silicon with the tubes. The issue I think here is not really which tube. Even "cheap" ordinary airline tubes work perfectly. The issue here is the tube fittings that GHL came with. The surface are pretty smooth and they do not have barbs.
So if you do not have them and don't anchor your downwards dosing lines. Slowly as they move, you realise they will draw air from the tiny gap. I anchor all my output line so that lesser pressure is put on the tubes due to gravity.

What I had order was from Grainger. Its a premium barb fittings. I saw it over at the other forums where members was using it.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back