GHL Maxi Doser

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
kalkwasser

kalkwasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone kind enough to post a video of the MAXI in operation?
Like to hear how "loud" is it during dosing. :D

OP
OP
kalkwasser

kalkwasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi WWIII,

Thank you so much for helping to post this video.
I am just surprise how fast this thing spins! I think the sound is alright for a doser like this.
Even my Doser 2.1, I can hear it from the other room when it kick in. Very much like a grinding sound.

It states that the dosing rate can be as high as 360ml/min
Since your tank is so near. What is the rate after you calibrated it?
Do you know the expectancy of this pump head or pump before it need replace?

Nice tank by the way!

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi WWIII,

I am just surprise how fast this thing spins! I think the sound is alright for a doser like this.
Even my Doser 2.1, I can hear it from the other room when it kick in. Very much like a grinding sound.

Nice tank by the way!

That was @Mortie31 who posted video. I was just confirming it linked correctly! I'm following along here waiting for the maxi to get in stock so I can purchase one as well! :)

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi WWIII,

Nice tank by the way!
My doser is right next to my tank, but I pull my salt water over 50 feet from my garage, I get 158ml calibrated max and that’s on speeds 2 and 3, so I run it on 2, the water out line pushes for about 25 feet and gives virtually the same calibrated volume 160ml again there is no difference between speeds 2 and 3. I am delighted with it and now I know it will pull water over along distance i will be ordering another one to do my ATO and again pull water from my RO storage in the garage. Trouble is I have run out of level sensor slots so I need to buy an expansion box as well as the doser to run the float switches I would need to fully automate it, and £650 is a bit steep to save me carrying water, but I will do it one day...

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With my first one fully online it is a little beast. It I was able calibrate it at 150ml.

Like @Mortie3 my first one is doing AWC and the other is my ATO.

The AWC it drawing from us 25.2 feet away and then additional 11 feet to the tank and it is doing it no issues.

The ATO is approx 8 feet away to the container and 4 feet to the tank and I am getting approx 180ml a minute.

Overall very impressed with the first unit.

The second unit is going to run my calcium reactor and empty my skimmer.

Mine At High Speed: (Very Quite)

Mine At Low Speed: (Can be heard a bit more)

Last edited:

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With my first one fully online it is a little beast. It I was able calibrate it at 150ml.

Like @Mortie3 my first one is doing AWC and the other is my ATO.

The AWC it drawing from us 25.2 feet away and then additional 11 feet to the tank and it is doing it no issues.

The ATO is approx 8 feet away to the container and 4 feet to the tank and I am getting approx 180ml a minute.

Overall very impressed with the first unit.

The second unit is going to run my calcium reactor and empty my skimmer.

Mine At High Speed: (Very Quite)

Mine At Low Speed: (Can be heard a bit more)

What hoses are you using? Looks good!

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto what are you using to pull water out for the awc? How are you doing awc with only the one dosing head?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWIII - Right now it is one Dosing Head, and one pump on an outlet.

The AWC pulls X water out of the Sump (Important because I want to pull a specific amount)
The Pump on an outlet refills the Sump to the Float switches. (Just like a ATO but it pulling from the Saltwater Container)

I am still testing this, but believe I may need to go to two dosing heads but attempting to see if I can do it with one. (So Depending on how the Calcium reactor works which I tubed in tonight) that may become the second dosing head. (I am doing 1.8 Gallons a day in AWC on the Apex system right now)

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWIII - Right now it is one Dosing Head, and one pump on an outlet.

The AWC pulls X water out of the Sump (Important because I want to pull a specific amount)
The Pump on an outlet refills the Sump to the Float switches. (Just like a ATO but it pulling from the Saltwater Container)

I am still testing this, but believe I may need to go to two dosing heads but attempting to see if I can do it with one. (So Depending on how the Calcium reactor works which I tubed in tonight) that may become the second dosing head. (I am doing 1.8 Gallons a day in AWC on the Apex system right now)

Ok, that's how I figured you were going about it. I have a small eheim pump in my sump, that I've thought about using to pull water out and then let the maxi fill back up to normal level. I'd really like to have the maxi do both, but also would like to replace my aqualifter ato with dosing head as well. I'll probably end up with 2 maxi's and use the other head for ato on my quarantine. A 3 head maxi would be nice, but isn't that always the case. If they made a 3, people would wish it was 2 or 4.

OP
OP
kalkwasser

kalkwasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think for AWC, you really need the entire Maxi.
One program to remove water and the other to top up water with a float switch to act as a secondary safety.

OP
OP
kalkwasser

kalkwasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think for AWC, you really need the entire Maxi.
One program to remove water and the other to top up water with a float switch to act as a secondary safety.

OP
OP
kalkwasser

kalkwasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my case, Im using my 2.1 as top up and Litermeter as water change since I think using the 2.1 as AWC will shorten the pump life.
If you want to use one one head. Then like WWIII mentioned. The Maxi as removing water since it has the software to determine the exact amount of waste water to remove and other ATO just to sense the amount of water remove. But if you use entire Maxi, you can save a lot of wiring and reduce another set of ATO. More clean look.

OP
OP
kalkwasser

kalkwasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

May I ask

1) what is the latest GHL computer software that support GHL Maxi?
2) what is the latest firmware for the GHL Maxi
3) I run my new Maxi SA yesterday for a "warm up" at about 160ml/min rate for manual dosing 2000ml ( both heads ).
Somehow, halfway (Im sure the dosing wasn't complete ), both pumps stopped and the LED 1 and 2 lighted up and froze.
What could be the issue?

Now its running s ATO and it seems all well for now.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

crayon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

May I ask

1) what is the latest GHL computer software that support GHL Maxi?
2) what is the latest firmware for the GHL Maxi
3) I run my new Maxi SA yesterday for a "warm up" at about 160ml/min rate for manual dosing 2000ml ( both heads ).
Somehow, halfway (Im sure the dosing wasn't complete ), both pumps stopped and the LED 1 and 2 lighted up and froze.
What could be the issue?

Now its running s ATO and it seems all well for now.

You don’t know how happy I am to hear you’re having this issue! Same thing happened to me. I know I have the latest firmware and I’m also using windows 10 which I was told I had to use with the latest Profilux update.
My maxi froze exactly as you noted. Vinny suggested it was the power supply. Checked it and it was pulling almost exactly 24 v. So my maxi has gone back to GHL USA for diagnostics.
Not my favourite thing. Invest this much money and then have to deal with issues.

I had problems with the 2.1 dosing units when they first came out. Was told for three months it was me, until others complained about the same things. Finally resolved almost six months later.
Had an issue with one of my Mitras 7 lights. Had to return it and wait to get a new one until they could verify it was the light and not me (it was the light).
Now my maxi pump hasn’t worked since day 1. Sent them video showing me pushing the buttons and nothing happening. Based on what you’ve noted, it appears to be a software issue, but I’m not ruling out hardware either.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back