GHL Versia Pump Ramp after Feed|Pause

niccumec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best approach to slowly ramp up my Versia Flow 7&9 return pumps after feed/maintenance pauses. With the air in the line after shut down, when they come back on, they blast air bubbles all over the DT. I would prefer to ramp from 0% to 80% over a period of time to allow the air to exit more orderly (and stay at constant 80% after ramp). Seems like this should be doable with these DC pumps, but I’m not sure how to program it.

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best approach to slowly ramp up my Versia Flow 7&9 return pumps after feed/maintenance pauses. With the air in the line after shut down, when they come back on, they blast air bubbles all over the DT. I would prefer to ramp from 0% to 80% over a period of time to allow the air to exit more orderly (and stay at constant 80% after ramp). Seems like this should be doable with these DC pumps, but I’m not sure how to program it.
Pretty advanced question I'm sure someone who has experience will answer you!

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not familiar with the pumps but am a bit puzzled as to why they don't have a soft start feature built in.

I have not worked with pump control in Profilux - but I imagine you could set a timer with the feed pause and use conditional logic to ramp those pump during the timer. @Lasse . @Ditto thoughts? I don't do profilux pump control but OP has a good question.

OP
OP
N

niccumec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone??

I am thinking that perhaps I could set up a 2nd pump program with wave pattern set for low intensity ~20% and somehow tie that to another virtual switch that would come on at the end of feed|pause for a while instead of the normal high flow.

If feed|pause were on a set timer, then I could probably figure it out. However when I manually trigger a feed pause (when dosing phyto), I need that same routine to trigger somehow.

Any ideas out there? This seems pretty basic, but is stumping me right now... @Gaël

Last edited:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 48 42.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 57 50.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 6.3%
Back