GHL?

Discussion in 'Bulk Reef Supply' started by EdsReefOdyssey, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Servo

Servo Active Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Welcome to the club! The P4 is super sexy. I contemplated upgrading, but I really don't have a reason. The 3 is a beast and is ROCK solid stable. I've never had any issue w/ it other than finding a computer with a RS232 port. USB tp RS 232 conversion is a bit wonky sometimes. With the 4 you don't have to worry about that!

2. Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

We aren't taking pre-orders, but we are expecting the shipment to deliver today (assuming Winter Storm Jaxon doesn't interfere!) so we should have products available on the site within the next week or so!

EmdeReef and WWIII like this.
  3. BeachBum2012

BeachBum2012 Active Member Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Is there any shot at you guys getting the full system and doing an in depth video series like you did with the Apex?

EdsReefOdyssey and WWIII like this.
  4. Bulk Reef Supply

It's not currently in our onboarding plans as we've felt that the Apex and Reefkeepers cover the needs of most reefers, and are products we'd recommend.

5. BeachBum2012

What if I ask really nice and say please and everything.

JoshH, EdsReefOdyssey and WWIII like this.
  6. Bulk Reef Supply

Well, it certainly can't hurt!

7. WWIII

WWIII Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor LMAS Member

Has there been any discussion on carrying the kh director and/or the reagent?

8. Bulk Reef Supply

I know there has been discussion, but I am not 100% on where that left. I think the kh director is not quite ready, if I remember correctly. I'll double-check tomorrow when @Zack@BRS is back in!

WWIII likes this.
  9. WWIII

WWIII Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor LMAS Member

Awesome, Thank You! Being able to order the reagent would be really nice down the road!

Bulk Reef Supply likes this.
  10. BeachBum2012

Pleeeeease.
    274129-Sad-Puppy.jpg

11. Bulk Reef Supply

Confirmation that the KH director was not available for purchase when we placed our order.

The other products will be announced tomorrow :)

WWIII likes this.
  12. Cherub

Cherub Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

OMG that dog is adorable!

Potatohead likes this.
  13. Potatohead

Potatohead Well-Known Member

It's a puppy so yeah :D

JoshH likes this.
  14. Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer Well-Known Member

This is my 2 cents. Neptune is forcing me to buy a new WiFi controller since some new products do not work with my, now classic, controller. I am seriously looking at the GHL for two reasons, so far everything they have created still works on older platforms. The second reason, is for aesthetics, the P4 just looks prettier on a shelf with a 2.1 or Maxi dozer, which i have and love. Maybe i am the only one that doesn’t like the APEX “wall” i would much rather have a system that saves me room. BUT i am nervous to try and learn a new system, so an honest GHL vs APEX pros and cons video would be very helpful. I know the Doser will sell great on the store, but I too would like to see GHL products in your store. We all love your great service and already great product line.

Frankly, i feel you should carry everything German made in your store, Royal Exclusiv, GHL, etc.

I think you should use the ULM series to compare and contrast different controllers!!!
    Just a food for thought.

15. gar732

gar732 Valuable Member R2R Supporter CTARS Member

Not sure I understand this, are you saying you wouldn’t recommend the ghl controller? The reefkeeper isn’t even a consideration for me and I’d really like to see you guys carry a comparable apex alternative. I have and apex and since I have to upgrade to use the triton I’m seriously considering the ghl. Ascetically, I agree the ghl is more appealing also the limited space it takes up is very appealing as well. I try to purchase from you guys whenever possible, I’d hate to have to purchase elsewhere when I’m ready. It’ll still be some time before I need it so I’m hoping to find it on your site eventually.

16. Servo

Servo Active Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Not to answer for them but I would say they’re not telling you not to get a ghl controller but the market share is too small to really be on BRS radar. I suspect. At one point in time the profilux could do so much more than the aquacontroller/apex. Now its very competitive.

17. WWIII

BRS did sell the Vertex Cerebra when it was first released. I would recommend the Profilux over the Cerebra, from personal experience. Does BRS plan on selling the new Cerebra when it's released again? Has to be another reason other than market share and BRS recommendation.

18. WWIII

Maybe there's not enough meat on the bone with the main controller packages. Neptune doesn't distrubute straight to the public, neither does Vertex, not sure about Reefkeeper? Probably has more to do with GHL having their own distribution warehouse in the US that we can order from directly than anything else.
    Regardless, still awesome that BRS is bringing in some items from GHL! It's a start!

19. Want2BS8ed

Want2BS8ed Active Member R2R Supporter

All about money and margin... I suspect to fully support a new controller/platform requires a substantial investment in inventory with low turnover (i.e. I have an original Apex purchased new when they were introduced that has been through 2 moves, 4 aquariums, 3 skimmers and 2 radically different "methods" of reef keeping).

FWIW: hardwire if at all possible. It's so much more stable...

M

20. Bulk Reef Supply

Definitely not the case! GHL is a solid brand with great products. Currently, the Apex line is our recommendation for those in the market for a controller. Even the reef keeper can do what needs doing for those who wish to use something cheaper/more simple. We try to keep our line-up fairly focused to products we personally recommend and use, or can see a situation where a large group in the hobby would find value in it. That also enables our CS team to be very knowledgeable on a variety of products so they can help with questions beyond general order support.

That said, we're always reviewing new opportunities and evaluating customer demand/requests - and I do mean that!

Servo and WWIII like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted