Giesemann Spectra?

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Selling my Giesemann ten years ago is one of the biggest regrets of my life! I ran the thing for ten years before that and it looked and worked like brand new when I parted with it.

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will find fact based arguments to prove difficult in the LED debate.

The spectra is nothing short of AWESOME... grows corals like weeds.

Im selling mine because i am building a 600 gallon in wall. Here is the lights i am building a rack for..

20191021_223227.jpg

OP
OP
Skibum

Skibum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will find fact based arguments to prove difficult in the LED debate.

The spectra is nothing short of AWESOME... grows corals like weeds.

Im selling mine because i am building a 600 gallon in wall. Here is the lights i am building a rack for..

20191021_223227.jpg
You sure you're growing corals with that braugh? ;-)

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in the 90,s we started with 75g with 4 VHO's then tried removing two with one 250w. We liked the combo, but I ended up buying a chiller because we couldn't get the temp down. We actually like the VHO better using four 50/50 color after trying several different color Temps. Then a few years later we bowed out to chase another hobbies. A few years ago we got back to this wonderful hobby, but the shocks were, LED lighting and PRICE !

So we did some researching on lighting, power heads, sumps etc. but more on lighting. We STILL are in shock of especially the popular "Radions". A friend runs a LFS and took one of them apart expecting a high teck housing but found nothing special, versus a Chinese light wasn't much different. A $120 light and then $800 Radion. Yes, the the latter has some nice programing, like lighting strikes,...lol. All I like is the the sun up & down, but the corals don't care, as until ten years ago reef keepers from the late 60's that used only high watt MH with no blue lighting, then people starting liking the way the blue lights not only for us, but the corals grew very well with the combo.

The good with the MH is pure white color and depending on what spectrum of blue.
The bad is the electric cost and heat the produce.
Here on R2R several people are buying 8-10 Radion fixtures at $800 each,,$6,000 to $8,000 just for lighting eek ! But, to each their own.

We bought two $125 LED Chinese lighting hoods and two high dollar Kessil's, both having nice programming and had nice good color. Most if not all LED lighting have the "disco affect", so people supplement blue. So with our 125g mixed reef we bought a very nice used ATI hood that has three LED lights that can are the first and last to go on & off.

I'd like to have MH, but over the 125g we would need four to six then supplication of blue, a big chiller etc. That's not gonna happen.

I just don't think the LED lighting is here yet, but they will later, but for now we believe the color of the tube lighting has the best color over LED's.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back