Giesemann Stellar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any plans on stocking this fixture? I can order directly from Germany but was hoping to order it from a US supplier.

Thanks!

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any plans on stocking this fixture? I can order directly from Germany but was hoping to order it from a US supplier.

Thanks!

I wouldn't be surprised if @Zack@BRS is looking into these or may look into them in the future. He does have a pretty extensive procedure for onboarding new products, to ensure they meet our Good, Better, Best requirements, so we can't say with certainty that we will end up carrying them.

OP
OP
JonJ

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased directly from Germany. Probably one of the first to get one. Be forewarned there are some shortcomings. I posted a review back in July.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/an-honest-review-of-the-giesemann-stellar.417690/

I saw your post on that. I would be using the full width so the issue with the ventilation slots wouldn’t apply to me. I have owned Giesemann fixtures in the past and the quality of finish is second to none. This tank is in my living room, so appearance is very important. I need the 60” length and shipping from Germany is pretty expensive which is one of the reasons I was hoping to get one from BRS.

Zack@BRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Chris155hp I've had my eye on the Stellar units for a bit. They seem like a nice fixture which could be a classy option for the hybrids. We've been awaiting pricing and availability from the distributor, as well as a sample. To date, they haven't been available for us to get a look at them. One of the steps in evaluating new products is to get a sample to do some hands-on testing. Whenever possible, we like to give new products real-world testing before we make the decision on whether or not to offer it to you guys.

Zack@BRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Stickboy15 We make a strong effort to offer a variety of RO and RO/DI solutions under the BRS brand label. We take a lot of pride in the RO/DI systems we build in-house, so we're probably a little pickier in this area. While we could probably bring something like that on, we really try to make sure that anything we carry meets certain minimum requirements for features and function. One of the advantages of our systems is that they use standard filter elements and don't require the use of proprietary and often more expensive cartridges. While the buy in for the twist-in system is slightly cheaper, I think the long-term maintenance costs would quickly outweigh those savings.

Stickboy15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Zack@BRS I understand but for me the portability and not having to plumb a rodi into my plumbing is what makes me really like that unit so with that said I will continue to use @MarineDepot for my rodi uses. Thank you and I hope your research team will look into smaller more portable units that produce high quality water.

Zack@BRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Stickboy15 That's definitely valuable feedback. While I can't say we'd be bringing on something exactly like the Aquaticlife unit, if there is demand for a more mobile/compact unit, I'd guess we could probably develop something to meet that need. It's worth noting that while our smaller units are exactly designed with portability in mind, they don't require any permanent connections, and we include a garden hose/utility sink adapter to allow for quick, temporary connections.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back