Gig ‘ems Anemone Dedicated Tank

Wildblue4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG Gig that’s beautiful. Mine is a lot more bald in the center as far as tentacles go. I send a picture when the lights come on.

OP
OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been a while since I last posted. I moved homes last month and in the process lost one magnifica, which I’m very sad about. But the tank seems to be better now and looking pretty good. It’s in a temporary spot in my living room while I build out a new fish room in the garage. I was passing by this evening and turned the living room light on after the tank lights were out and decided to snap a quick photo of the gigs. In a time of actinic only photos with over saturation, it’s nice to see something that is truly spectacularly colorful in the most bland lighting. In fact I think they look better under white lights than blue!

16B70D04-6F4F-4D04-84CF-AA5C7EB95577.jpeg

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 carpet nem's and two btas. everyone looks fine but there is def stress in my tank. one bta has shrunken. either way- are these anemones in a 20 gal not a good match? im being told this. I was told otherwise.

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the species, some can live together better than others. BTAs and mags have never been an issue in my experience.
Yea I wanted to have an anemone only tank as well but I think I put too many different types of anemones on together in a 20 gal. So now what? lol I gotta keep one type I guess. Every time I go to the fish stores I get overwhelmed and end up bringing corals and other critters home too.

OP
OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 carpet nem's and two btas. everyone looks fine but there is def stress in my tank. one bta has shrunken. either way- are these anemones in a 20 gal not a good match? im being told this. I was told otherwise.

20 gallons seems awfully small for that many anemones. What type of carpets do you have?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.0%
Back