Glass Cages Question

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done a lot of research on the forums and on the internet and completely understand that Glass Cages are hard to deal with and don't have the best customer support. That being said has anyone had an issue with the product? I cannot afford the other aquarium builders prices and have had 2 warranty issues with Marineland on my 93 Gallon Cube. I have a custom stand and everything already done for that size aquarium and now I don't know what to do. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

RUNVS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used them a few times without any issues, If I recall Adam at Battlecorals used them for all his frag tanks as well ( I think I saw that on his build thread but don't quote me on that.) Good luck.

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following for sure. I have thought about ordering a tank from them

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Avoid like the plague if at all possible.
They aren't very good at following simple directions, they ship tanks before they cure, the seams look terrible, you'll have irregular edges and glass "from different batches" that doesn't look the same. The customer service is indeed terrible as you said.
I know they are a lot cheaper, but its not worth the constant headaches and wondering when the seams will fail. Maybe you can find a similar price from a different company if you look hard enough.

CodyRVA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't take this personally, i've made this mistake myself, but since I learned this very lesson the hard way I always tell people never to build your stand until you have your aquarium in "hand." How unique are the dimensions, can you find another tank elsewhere?

Goslugsgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO it depends on how big you want to go.
My 65 wide is solid and I have no concerns at this time about the seams (knock on wood). Could it have enjoyed more care during the manufacturing process? Absolutely, but I paid much less for that format from GC and understand that there will be tradeoffs. These tradeoffs are unacceptable in larger tank sizes when psi is significantly higher and lack of attention on a seam can result in a complete tank blowout.

The guy that took shipment of the 300 or 350 at the same time I did can testify. He woke up to poorly done eurobracing causing the front pane to bend and flex to what seemed to be a physically impossible degree. Somehow it did not rupture and he was able to empty it in time.

Then the fun began with GC's customer service department.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back