gobie question (help)!

Zoalover34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a diamond gobie yesterday and it was doing fine, this morning it looked like it was dead.. It was covered in sand kinda looked like it was stuck under the rock, it wasn't moving for awhile so i thought i would see if it was dead.. It didn't move when i was waving my hand in front of it but then when I started moving the rock from ontop of it, it shot out and started swimming around.. Is this normal behavior of gobies?

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is normal behavior, diamond gobies love to sift sand. Usually they will dig out all the sand from under your rock and use it as a home.

Saltysteele

Bret
View Badges
Reaction score
in a van, down by the river in South Haven, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine has completely removed the sand from under a rock, and will spit sand to cover the opening when he is in it. i like to think of it as him closing the door to his house. when he comes out in the morning, he will remove all the sand, come out, and then take sand mouthful by mouthful and spit it back into the opening to close the door, before he goes off to work sifting.

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine has completely removed the sand from under a rock, and will spit sand to cover the opening when he is in it. i like to think of it as him closing the door to his house. when he comes out in the morning, he will remove all the sand, come out, and then take sand mouthful by mouthful and spit it back into the opening to close the door, before he goes off to work sifting.

LOL Good representation!

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they do make a burrow but they arent covered in the sand
that doesnt sound anything like normal

OP
OP
Zoalover34

Zoalover34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything's ok he's out sifting sand now.. I found where he's making a house theres sand flying all over lol

Pianoman

Mini Master Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah man those Diamond kind of have a weird greeting to tanks. But they are like the best fish you'll ever have.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 58 42.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 67 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.8%
Back