Goby pooping a parasite?

AlexVic

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2024
Messages
156
Reaction score
37
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never seen my fish poop something like this its white with some black spots. The fish is a citron goby and I’ve had it for 2 weeks. If it is an internal parasite what can I do to treat it?

IMG_4091.jpeg IMG_4090.jpeg IMG_4089.jpeg
 
That fish looks very thin in the gut cavity.

Thin fish have often been captured using cyanide that destroys their guts.

Is this fish eating? If no, I would consider ending its suffering. Sorry. Hope I am wrong.
 
That fish looks very thin in the gut cavity.

Thin fish have often been captured using cyanide that destroys their guts.

Is this fish eating? If no, I would consider ending its suffering. Sorry. Hope I am wrong.
This fish is eating normally so that doesn’t seem to be the problem.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new