Going Triton.. Maybe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Hentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

So I finally got my first house and am planning my upgrade.

So far the equipment I have (also using from my current Reefer 170 running ZEOvit)
46x24x20 - 95 Gallon Rimless LeeMar Tank w/ Coast-to-Coast Overflow
Simplicity 1600 DC Pump
ATI 6x54 Sunpower T5HO
Maxspect Gyre 130 (From Reefer 170)

Plan to buy:
1-2 MP40QD
Simplicity 240DC Protein Skimmer

I'll be starting my stand tomorrow for the tank and all that jazz.

I just need some help for a sump... I can get nice Trigger sumps at great deals. I've had one before and absolutely loved it. That being said, I don't think a Trigger 36 Ruby would be sufficient due to the size of the refugium. In this case I would use the Drain area for the refugium.

I'm not great at all with DIY so a DIY sump is slightly out of the question... Although I'm not opposed to it and a 40Breeder would save a bit of money + allow me to design the sump how I'd really want it.

So that being said, could I do with a Trigger 36" Ruby sump? Or would I be much better off going with a 40Breeder allowing me to create a much bigger refugium?

Another thing is, I'd be starting with Dry Rock/Sand and placing my current rock (One big solid rock I use now) in the tank once its cycled and ready to go.. But this will be my first time in a LONG time not using ZEOvit to cycle, so how would you recommend cycling the tank?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back