Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's like the bigfoot pics. All blurry yet the owner insists you can see it! Ha can't wait to see the good pics.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As exciting as this would be, I HIGHLY DOUBT that your clams actually bred. When clams breed, they spew millions of eggs into the water column. It takes a very long time for these eggs to settle out, go through their metamorphic stage and actually become a "clam." Also, the "baby clams" have no xooanthella, so have no color at all. The only way, when bred in a tank, for the babies to obtain xooanthella, is to kill a live clam, put it in a blender, blend it up, and dump it in the water. Then, the baby clams get their xooanthella, from the blended clam.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand clams are in a free floating larval stage for about 2 weeks. IMHO it is impossible to keep them alive through this larval stage in our home aquariums for that long. Skimming, pumps, powerheads, fish premeditation, coral feeding, etc will take care of them in this larval stage. But you could be one in a gazillion and got lucky...

I agree even though I can't see anything in your pic's you probably have a spiny oyster or something similar to them, I have actually had them pop up in my tank and I have one now that is over 1".

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^^^^everyone watch those videos... cause i says so... they are awesome

spscrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really cool video kinda doubt now that it's gonna happen in the home aquarium but heres hoping!!

MadReefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where's the baby i cant see sqwadiddly dont make me come over there to see it. lol......... Have seen the big clam in person and its a nice clam decent size healthy as can be. POWDER BLUE is still best thing in there IMO fish is awsome

chad vossen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like picking off small oysters and such from live rock and putting it in my tank at home.

there is such variety, but never a baby maxima or such.

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those videos were great, we need a new picture bro! I'm ready to see this lil guy

OP
OP
fish&corals

fish&corals

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So were you able to get your buddy to take some clear pic's of it?

i will get a better pic of it tomorrow and post if after i get home from doing my morning running around ..

thanx mad .. yea my powder is so healthy and happy ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 116 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back