Goni refuses to open

SCReef'n

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E0F8A0C7-4B90-49F1-82B0-50BC5CCD6C47.jpeg

Poor little guy is locked down tight I’ve moved him a bit into a hades spot and am hoping for the best. Latest parameters show:
Spg 1.026
No3-10
Po4 -.1 (Phosguard working that down)
Ca-430
Mg-1300
Kh-8.0

Been target feeding him reef roids and goniopower. Also he opens up a bit at night but quickly closes up when lights come on. also have noticed the clownfish nipping at him occasionally but have moved him to a spot the fish doesn’t frequent.

Anyone have any ideas as the frag is starting to loose tissue in a spot

thanks

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its dying as goni's are quite a difficult coral. Not much you can do except try to feed it and let it settle in one spot, moving it around just further stresses it.

OP
OP
SCReef'n

SCReef'n

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its dying as goni's are quite a difficult coral. Not much you can do except try to feed it and let it settle in one spot, moving it around just further stresses it.

I unfortunately I’m thinking your right. It’s a shame, it never really even began to open up. Hate to watch it slowly waste away though

Reesj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually my gonipora Lights up soo big during peak day and can't even seeit after receding insdie at night. Most probably it is like this because your fish are pickign at it and you do not have enough nutrients in the water.

My advice : 1 thinking to do fast. Cover it someway away from nippy fish. Some net on a plastic rack works for me. (My powder blue still take parts off goni, although it seems fine for now)
2.They do not like medium or high flow. Sepcially when introduced. Put it in a medium light, low flow spot that you can coverup from other fish.
3. Stop using your reactors, skimmers etc for few days.

TessGlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is still a chance, fingers crossed for ya. I've had them eventually come around after looking like this. I've since learned to try to buy only frags of those that ppl have kept successfully, like the pink ORA goni that does really well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%

Back