Good Acro Crab or Bad?

that is one scary dude. I would have no issues flushing him. just sayin.
 
very bad i just pulled one out of a valida table acro yesterday and he totally ate the tissue off of and jacked up a spot pretty good. there is nothing good about this crab if you have sps in your tank if you had all softies then i don't see a problem. and he didn't go in the sump lets say that
 
Hairy ones are normally not reef safe, I have heard

A lot of non-reef safe crabs are hairy. However, even reef safe crabs like emeralds are often hairy. It's a weird crab genetics thing.
 
A lot of non-reef safe crabs are hairy. However, even reef safe crabs like emeralds are often hairy. It's a weird crab genetics thing.

Yes I agree! It won't be as simple as that. I guess those harmful crabs can someway tolerate the sting of corals and can somehow use the toxin themselves, which makes them prefer corals as food
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new