Good? Bad? Neutral? What are these?

Aaron Davis

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2017
Messages
276
Reaction score
87
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Upon further research, I was able to educate myself a little. It appears the snails are harmless and the limpets?; are as well. The flatworms though; not so sure.

Hello all! Found a few new critters I haven’t noticed before. Seen a few of these little snails climbing around. They’re Uber tiny. Roundish shell. Pretty much white or a light beige color. Also have these UFO looking things. Hard shell. They cling on pretty good. There’s a lot of them; especially in my sump. Are these guys alright or should I be doing something to get rid of em? Thanks!

Aaron
8F830A20-FBFC-4497-9A5D-F54419FD9E27.jpeg
F8AAACF3-4C36-4350-8F46-C3CA1682A48E.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Follow up! Now that I’ve noticed these little snails and these other things; I’m seeing a lot of them!

Also found some flatworms. A few that are pretty light colored and one large one that’s brown.
 
Last edited:
The limpets are probably harmless but keep an eye on them. Not all of them eat only algae.
Hmmmm. Alright. There’s A LOT of them! They’re all over my sump and there’s a bunch in my display in various places.

Snails look like collinistas. Good snails.
Sweet! That’s comforting!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new