Good Morning!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone! Well I finally got a round tuit...

1627997614114.png

I replaced a temporary patch in the garage yesterday

....after twenty years. :oops:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Afternoon Folks!
Been a busy little beaver this morning. Over 3 hours of picking up storm debris from the other night, trimmed the Mock Orange bushes, grocery shopping etc.
So, I was over at the neighbors house the other day and his Wife showed me her solar powered , color changing “frog” wind chimes. I thought they were kind of tacky BUT had a brainstorm. I went to my favorite place where lazy people like me shop, Amazon, and bought a bunch of hummingbird and butterfly solar powered, color changing wind chimes. I’m creating a “Tree Of Light” in the front yard Mimosa tree. Six have already arrived and are working. Five more will be here tomorrow. All hung with 20lb test monofilament and swivels. It was quite the task to get the lines 25’ up in the tree. Ladder in the bed of the truck, throw the weighted line over a branch and feed it through a loop. Then tie a rope over the tree and use the truck to bend it over enough to reach and shorten the line so they hang up high in the tree.
Again, if Angela was home, I’d be having a time out.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just about to ask for a photo. Very nice! After seeing the first picture, I want to see your front yard. I think I might want to live in TN. Palm trees and sandy beaches are great for a while, but I miss the woods and fields.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention something funny that happened a couple of days ago. I went to the LFS and, skipping all the details, asked one of the "experts" how they calibrated their refractometers. He told me that to make sure they are always accurate, he calibrates them every day using the water from the tanks. Hilarious!

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Only one more day until my almost Friday! I hate to just wish my week away, but that's what I do right now. Lots of "family" decisions coming in the next two months.

I made chili last night, so I must be ready for fall. Nothing like hot, spicy food in August. ;Hilarious

Have a great day!

Greeting Good Morning GIF by JellaCreative

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning My Friends!
For some reason, I couldn’t sleep past 3:00am so here I am, doing my morning chores before the chickens ever are awake yet.
Im almost caught up on mowing so that will get done today. Hanging more tree lights when they show up and probably do some target shooting later today. One of our cats just hates it when I shoot it the yard but if I lock her in the front room and crank up the tunes, it doesn’t bother her as much.
Hope Y’all have a great day.
I’ll try to get some more pix of the “tree of light” when the rest of them are hung later today.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
Attempt no 3 to do a test with the Hanna low range nitrate checker. I cant get the tea leaves to float so it can read them.

Sea life grows in my systems pipes where 100s and 1000s of gallons flow through a tiny space in complete darkness. I got them all unblocked yesterday.

People worry if they have too much flow in their tank:rolleyes:

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, is it Monday already?

With my hubby away find myself staying up late and messing about the house.

Hello taking night pics of the coral!

8FAEA084-91FE-468C-AF44-054E6934C11E.jpeg
Welcome back! I hope you had a good trip.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just about to ask for a photo. Very nice! After seeing the first picture, I want to see your front yard. I think I might want to live in TN. Palm trees and sandy beaches are great for a while, but I miss the woods and fields.
I think that sometimes ... then I remember that places with pretty trees have cold ... and snow. The older I get, the closer I will get to the equator.
I have a conference call with all of the bosses - including the one that BS'd me on the promotion - at 8:30. My husband keeps telling me to smile, keep my head down and keep coloring. I'm just so not good at biting my tongue. I may just have to congratulate the other guy on getting promoted over his platoon.
I have a cervical epidural at 2:00. I guess we'll see how it goes.
Have a good hump day, reefies.
Wednesday Morning GIF by ViralHog

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it to work. Yea. That is a very tedious process. I had to write the instructions down. The print is so fine I cant read it in the book that came with the checker. I like to phosphate checker, this one not so much.
I was worried that it would explode because I dropped the PO4 first. That should nerf the NoPox and biopellets. 0.06 and falling.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%

Back