Good Morning!

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning! i was going to say that i have dental tomorrow morning so i may miss greeting you tomorrow, but i realized I get to decide when i get up!! So it will be early but i will probably get to read some of your posts before i go.

enough of that.. Good Morning, Tuesday fans! Going for a drive instead of chancing the weather on a ride. If it doesn't rain around here they can thank me.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning!
I took a picture of some of my zoas this morning. Here they are. I need to work on having more variety in the tank. Except for two of them, they are all on plugs or smaller rocks, so they can be moved when it gets too crowded.
I have been using Vibrant for about two weeks to get rid of some bubble algae. I just noticed that a couple of my Ricordea lost a lot of their color overnight, so I guess it's time to stop. Water change coming up. Other than that little issue a good day so far. Have a great day!

1628607654325.png

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning!
I took a picture of some of my zoas this morning. Here they are. I need to work on having more variety in the tank. Except for two of them, they are all on plugs or smaller rocks, so they can be moved when it gets too crowded.
I have been using Vibrant for about two weeks to get rid of some bubble algae. I just noticed that a couple of my Ricordea lost a lot of their color overnight, so I guess it's time to stop. Water change coming up. Other than that little issue a good day so far. Have a great day!

1628607654325.png
I am going to need to buy a lens kit soon.
20210810_090135.jpg
Is slowly starting to bless me with his presence.
Almost lunch time. ;Sour

And this guy, came up top to get food.
20210810_090002.jpg

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning All!
Getting an early start today. Forecast is 93* with a “feels like” of 105-108*.
Little bit of mowing, change out all the pine shavings in the hen house and get my propane tanks for the BBQ and fire table filled. Went to grill some burgers last night and the grill ran out of fuel 1/2 way through. “Borrowed” the tank from the fire table and it barely finished them. I wish they had some kind of gauges to tell you when you’re getting low.
Wishing Y’all a Blessed day! Stay hydrated!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reeefies.
put 180 miles on the odometer yesterday.
fish store destination closed on tuesdays. :rolleyes:
side trip to a FB reefer's house to pick up a local reef club t-shirt successful.
he thought i was crazy to drive that far. offered to mail it.
working from home 6 days a week (love it) with no direct human interaction besides the mrs (love her)
it's nice to go for a ride once a week.
have a great day.:cool:
IMG_4145.jpg

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning All!
Getting an early start today. Forecast is 93* with a “feels like” of 105-108*.
Little bit of mowing, change out all the pine shavings in the hen house and get my propane tanks for the BBQ and fire table filled. Went to grill some burgers last night and the grill ran out of fuel 1/2 way through. “Borrowed” the tank from the fire table and it barely finished them. I wish they had some kind of gauges to tell you when you’re getting low.
Wishing Y’all a Blessed day! Stay hydrated!
you can buy an in line tank gauge. :)

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
Time for Jeanna to go back to school. We will miss her. The great southerly cat migration.
None of my main items for my projects have showed up yet.
I ordered feeder mollies and they made a shipping label Sunday but shipped nothing. They were supposed to come yesterday.
Sulfur denitrator is fully functioning. It processes 8 liters an hour/48 gallons a day which doesn't seem like much but consider that is like doing a 10% water change daily. I may be able to turn it up to 12 liters an hour.
The Nopox is gone and I have decreased the LaCl dose. My levels have come back down to 0.2 and 25. I am testing once or twice daily so I don't screw up. Now I am considering taking down the biopellet reactor and maybe converting it to run GFO.
Perhaps I am just bored.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Lawyer: I have some good news and some bad news.
Client: Well, give me the bad news first.
Lawyer: The bad news is that the DNA tests showed that it was your blood at the murder scene.
Client: Oh, no! That’s terrible! What’s the good news?
Lawyer: Your cholesterol is down to 150.

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch out for stray voltages today. They are everywhere.
This guy ran the stray voltage pound until they could be neutered and set free again.
gettyimages-685868568-1597063320.jpg

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Propane is a liquid in the tank. Many grills have a simple spring scale inside the bottom. When it pops up you need to refill the tank. That is why propane tanks are sold as 20 or 100 pound tanks. An inline gauge tells you how much pressure you are making which has more to do with how warm the tank is..

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can buy an in line tank gauge. :)

That wont tell you how full the tank is. You have to weigh it to find out how much liquid is in it.
Very true Ned!
Maybe I’ll pick up a couple of cheapo bathroom scales and just have the tanks sitting on them so I can keep an eye on the weight.
Sure glad it was only burgers and not a big ole slab of venison back strap!

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean you're NOT supposed to borrow the propane tank from the fire pit when the grill runs out? ;)

Lowe's has a gauge thing that you can attach to the tank. I'm not sure how great it is, though, because the grill ran out when it was still showing green. :rolleyes: Soooo, we borrowed the tank from the fire pit! :D

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That wont tell you how full the tank is. You have to weigh it to find out how much liquid is in it.
Interesting....maybe that's my problem with the gauge! My grill actually has a weight thing on it where you hang the tank and the red line increases as the tank weight decreases. It was showing the grill tank low, but it gets tricky there towards the end....it's hard to tell when low is actually really, really low.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Apparently, my dog thinks she is a cat. She just brought me a gift of a rat she had killed in the yard and dropped it at my feet. How nice. It's the first day of school for my daughter. 10th grade. That's about all I have so far. I just wanted to say good morning to everyone.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back