Good Morning!

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
I think I will go see if I can find any useful local bird supplies. We need a small cage to bring them home in too.

Try Goodwill too if you have one close.
If you do find a used cage to transport them in, make sure you bleach it first. I’m sure you already know that though.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three days out of having a needle hammered into your neck is not the time to be dragging a 50' hose around trying to siphon sand. Holy moly - that kicked my butt. The "Python" is a PITA, BTW. Suction - no suction! Suction - just kidding. My poor husband took the brunt of my frustration. I'd estimate that it sucked out about 15-17 gallons but the sand looks better. I found a new crop of vermetids that I knifed with the little poker thing. The fish are freaking out.
Oh well, I'm still not sure if I'm dealing with diatoms, the start of dinos, cyano or a combination of the above. Either way ... something declared war and I'm fighting back with both cannons. Go skimmer go....
I guess I'll throw in laundry now and take a nap. That is the only nice thing about life after your kids move out. You can take a nap on a Sunday afternoon and they can't judge. Enjoy your Sunday, Reefies!!
Tired Happy Sunday GIF by RisuDong

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They time has come. I am building a gravel vac that drains back to the filter socks in the main sump.
It is going to be an attachment for the water drain system I already made but haven't used since I put the sump in the fish room.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They time has come. I am building a gravel vac that drains back to the filter socks in the main sump.
It is going to be an attachment for the water drain system I already made but haven't used since I put the sump in the fish room.
did your gorgonia make a come back?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sadly a former governor passed a law that the average citizen can't get wine imported from out of state delivered to their home.
too allegedly protect sales of state vineyards. :rolleyes:
i won't buy state vino because of it.:cool:

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning folks,
Our youngest cooked dinner last night. A lovely Cubera snapper he spear fished in the Keys the day before.
Going to miss him, 10 days and he’s back to college.
A7689EC2-C965-4215-B5BF-FE6FF9E206F9.jpeg
Aaaaaaand once again, USPS never delivered my dinner invitation! :mad:

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning All!
Made to to the “picture show” yesterday to beat the midday heat. Saw Jungle Cruise. A fun movie but some scenes may be a little violent for younger kids.
Woke up at 2:30 this morning to crazy torrential rain. Had to close windows to avoid warped windowsills. More storms coming later today.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that my new shrimp had his first shed last night. He looks “glorious “ this morning.
Wishing Y’all the greatest of days, even if it IS Monday!
Stay Safe, Love my new Reef Family! ;)

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, Reefies.
Off to reset a showroom and conduct a client meeting at 2pm. I wish I could have reversed that, because I always get so dirty doing resets. UGH - guess I'll be changing my clothes in a public bathroom. (AWKWARD)
The ATO officially died (AutoAqua piece of trash). I guess I'll be topping off daily until I can get my hands on a replacement. Too bad Tunze is backordered until the next pandemic. I may try setting a pump up on a timer to just dispense fresh water throughout the day. If I can estimate how much is evaporating, it may just work.
Have a blessed Monday, Reefies....
Good Morning GIF

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 45.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 31.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back