Good Morning!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sp1187, those stories are true. This garbage incinerator had 4 huge furnaces running and they were like 50' long, steel and of course very hot.

I sent "Mike" to work on top of one of the furnaces that was off and cool.

Later I was looking for him and he was on one of the furnaces that was burning and red hot.

I yelled "Warren", I mean "Mike" get off of that thing before you die. :oops:

He got down and says to me. "You know, my shoes were melting to the steel".

I said "You think!!!"
not doubting ya.
and i would buy the book.

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning! i have bumps on my forehead, i don't know if i am allergic to thinking or if i need my Phrenology book. oh, wait, the bumps are not on my skull so i revert to the allergy possibility. I will resist the urge to think for a while and see if the bumps go away.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning! i have bumps on my forehead, i don't know if i am allergic to thinking or if i need my Phrenology book. oh, wait, the bumps are not on my skull so i revert to the allergy possibility. I will resist the urge to think for a while and see if the bumps go away.
Bite Mosquito GIF by fngrpns

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning My Friends.
We just had the first line of storms roll through and it dumped almost 3” of rain in a little over an hour. When it let up, I went out to give the girls some live crickets and noticed they were all up on the roost except for Mama Pearl. Well, the hen house has a river running through it so they took to higher ground. Mama, on the other hand, caught herself a vole that got flushed up out of its burrow and was having it for breakfast.
I really gotta get my act together and build that floor in there.
Still have the cough and congestion in my chest but feeling a little better each day.
Have a great day All! ;)

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made another apple spice cake. This time instead of using the green starchy tasteless apples I used the pretty red/yellow starchy tasteless apples.
You would think with a name like Honeycrisp they would taste better than sawdust.

The peppers I grew on the porch this year dont excite me either but they have made great organic cat toys for Louie.

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made another apple spice cake. This time instead of using the green starchy tasteless apples I used the pretty red/yellow starchy tasteless apples.
You would think with a name like Honeycrisp they would taste better than sawdust.

The peppers I grew on the porch this year dont excite me either but they have made great organic cat toys for Louie.
@WVNed
My favorite apples were always Pippin’s. Can’t find them anywhere anymore.

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Monday... :D Actually got some work done on the plumbing for the 75g over the weekend. All that's left is cutting tubing to the right size, connecting everything up, and seeing if it all works how its supposed to lol. This is my first bean animal setup and I don't think I've screwed anything up yet..

Tonight I'm headed to the Packers game with my stepson! Hoping they beat down the Lions and give the talking heads something other than the A-Rod drama to talk about..

Food **** from the weekend -

1632162021990.jpeg
1632162055962.jpeg

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Monday... :D Actually got some work done on the plumbing for the 75g over the weekend. All that's left is cutting tubing to the right size, connecting everything up, and seeing if it all works how its supposed to lol. This is my first bean animal setup and I don't think I've screwed anything up yet..

Tonight I'm headed to the Packers game with my stepson! Hoping they beat down the Lions and give the talking heads something other than the A-Rod drama to talk about..

Food **** from the weekend -

1632162021990.jpeg
1632162055962.jpeg
Licking Jackie Chan GIF

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning. Yesterday I collected more water than I ever collected. About 50 gallons. It was a beautiful day at the sea and I met three women. One was almost my age, she was 98. She had her two Daughters with her and we had a nice chat. They came from my old neighborhood and the old Lady was much sharper than I ever was.

Anyway, I put 40 of those gallons in my tank and kept the rest for another day because I spilled so much I was tired of mopping. :)

(not the same beach, just a stock photo because I was to lazy and wet to take a new picture)

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning!
We ended up getting a little over 6” of rain yesterday with more storms to pass through later today and tonite. The “river” has stopped flowing through the hen house but it sure is a mess in there. Im supposed to be staying at home but I need pine shavings desperately to clean out that mess tomorrow. I’m pretty sure Tractor Supply offers curbside pickup so I’ll give them a call this morning.
Feeling okay but still following the rules and staying away from people.
I harvested a bunch of GSP from my tank yesterday that was encroaching on my Weeping Willow Toadstool. It’s already happier but the rest of the GSP colony is very upset.
Have a spectacular day and stay salty! ;)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning and Happy International Day of Peace! Here's to all of the peacekeepers and peacemakers out there! Remember that peace isn't the absences of conflict, rather it is conflict that is managed well. Take the time to learn how to do peace - it's worth the bother.

Oh, and I bought a used Reef Octopus 150SSS skimmer, because.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I collected a lot of water and diatom filtered most of it. I didn't want to filter all of it because I want the bacteria and potential parasites.

You can see the filtered water is on the bottom of the picture. The unfiltered water won't harm my tank and is beneficial, it just looks a little yellow because I take it from the surf like 4" deep. :rolleyes:

IMG_4806.JPG

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning.
I have been keeping the dogs quiet. Zoe usually has lot's of questions when you are on a call.
Jill just got off the phone with SS. She is not computer literate so she applied through a scheduled call. 67 and 2 months in December.
She is ready.
It will be wonderful having company. Beyond being married going on 40 years we also worked together for almost 20.
She was my boss and I was then her boss. Try being the person telling your spouse they cant have a raise at work.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back