Good Morning!

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm...first day of Autumn...not sure how I missed that one...

Hungry Bird GIF by Ethan Barnowsky

Oh wait...know I remember...I don't think we have that season here!

Good Morning!
I have had 2 half-hour MRI's in the last year. They are incredibly noisy, but I fell asleep in both of them. My children always said I could sleep anywhere.

Yesterday someone near here put up their Christmas decorations. That may seem amazing, but someone in my neighborhood keeps a lighted Christmas tree in the window year round. Yes, some Floridians are a little crazy.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning!
I have had 2 half-hour MRI's in the last year. They are incredibly noisy, but I fell asleep in both of them. My children always said I could sleep anywhere.

Yesterday someone near here put up their Christmas decorations. That may seem amazing, but someone in my neighborhood keeps a lighted Christmas tree in the window year round. Yes, some Floridians are a little crazy.
and i thought my neighbors was wierd for having halloween decorations up a week ago. :rolleyes:

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mark Harmon Gibbs GIF by CBS

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Nothing quite like decorating for Christmas in Florida!!! :cool:

Happy Palm Tree GIF by University of Florida

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are!
1632325631434.png
1632325753402.png
i spent the last 2 weeks of november and the first two of december '87 in hollywood/ft lauderdale
getting my scuba instructor training/certification. the boat parades were the bomb.
saw one about the size of the one in your pic light decorated to look like a swan with three dinghy's
trailing and done up to look like baby's.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies
still raining.
reports of hurricane force winds.
14'-20' waves on the big lake.
last day before the weekend. ;)
wife's last day at current employment after 27 years.:):D:)
the person they had replacing her quit after one week.;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
stay dry.
stay safe.
feel better.:cool::cool:

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
I get to meet my new doctor today. The old one left. Pretty sure after meeting me he ( or her, I am not sure yet) will decide to become an accountant or something.
I hope they know the password to cancel the self destruct sequence.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get lots of MRI’s. It’s a wonder Im not bio-luminescent.
I do that so I don't get ich.

I woke up early enough to watch the zamboni of the sea smoothing the ice….um, sand.
ReefGrammie, is that the Tennessee Sea?

Yesterday someone near here put up their Christmas decorations. That may seem amazing,
My Birthday is on Christmas Day so I like the fact that those people celebrate my birthday :cool:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
it's a balmy 68 in side.
time to break out the flannel shirts.

It can get to 68 inside here too.

rocket power nicksplat GIF

...depending on the air conditioner.

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m allowed to say this because I am one.
Sounds like you have some “Old School Italian“ neighbors. Possibly transplants from up north!
When I was growing up and we’d go to visit Aunts, Uncles, etc., they had Christmas lights on their houses year round. Not lit but they never came down.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. I’m exhausted today; not much sleep last night. Here is why;

9:55pm- take dog outside
10pm -go to bed
10:01- get text from daughter in college , it’s 9;00 pm her time, (she now has part time job at an emergency vet clinic and was working last night) her roommate is bringing daughter’s cat in cause he is not acting right and has a string hanging out his butt and she can’t get it pulled out. We are now up and worried that the cat ate something and my need surgery and cost lots of $$$. Waiting for updates from our daughter.
10:45- vet got string pulled out and did ultrasound on cat, nothing else inside of him. He must of ate a string and was very uncomfortable with it just hanging there. Cat will be ok. Go back to bed
11:30pm- daughter is texting again. Back in dorm room and just need to tell me about her horrific night at work. She is an hour behind us. So 10:30 her time. She is a little traumatized at what she saw. This is her text:
“One another note work was horrific today. We had a momma dog who had a large puppy stuck in her, it was too big to pull out and the stupid owners didn’t want to spay her so we had to cut the puppy up inside her and pull out bits of the puppy. It was awful.. we eventually got the head off, so momma was able to push the rest of the body out on her own so there was just a headless puppy. It was probably the worst thing I’ve ever seen and heard”

12:00 midnight- finally got daughter settled down and back to bed I go
1:45am- dog starts pacing back and forth and won’t settle down. I hear the clicks of his toenails on the floor. But I somehow fall asleep
2:30 am- dog is at back door just full on howling (he does this due to his separation anxiety and dementia when he can’t find me) get out of bed, shut off alarm and take him outside again, just in case
2:45 finally get dog settled in his bed
3:00am just stating to fall asleep again when our cat starts jumping on me and making biscuits on my stomach. I keep pushing him away but he just comes back. 3:20 - cat finally lays down at my feet
By now I am so tired and frustrated that I can’t get to sleep.
4:10am- I finally fall asleep.
6:30am- my husband’s alarm goes off …time to start my day. ;Yawn

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back