Good Morning!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
what's an air conditioner?;)

Think of it as a chiller (only for the inside air and not your aquarium)! :)

I think I've shared this before, but the large corporate office building, where I go when I'm not working from home, doesn't have centralize heat. It has central air and on the few days when heat is necessary, there are heat strips at each vent that heat the central air. Because of the limited use, it apparently is cheaper to heat the a/c than to install a real heater.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get to buy a new fashion item. Compression socks and some more pills to swallow every day. I may not even need to eat actual food anymore. The tablet/capsule excipient diet.

Oh [explicative deleted]
Soylent Green Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fluid retention is a listed side effect of the Neupro patch. I expect exiting new changes in my personality are coming soon.

Going to a neurologist is sort of like going to mechanic for you car that only has 1 set of tools. Sledgehammers of various sizes and weights.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. I’m exhausted today; not much sleep last night. Here is why;

9:55pm- take dog outside
10pm -go to bed
10:01- get text from daughter in college , it’s 9;00 pm her time, (she now has part time job at an emergency vet clinic and was working last night) her roommate is bringing daughter’s cat in cause he is not acting right and has a string hanging out his butt and she can’t get it pulled out. We are now up and worried that the cat ate something and my need surgery and cost lots of $$$. Waiting for updates from our daughter.
10:45- vet got string pulled out and did ultrasound on cat, nothing else inside of him. He must of ate a string and was very uncomfortable with it just hanging there. Cat will be ok. Go back to bed
11:30pm- daughter is texting again. Back in dorm room and just need to tell me about her horrific night at work. She is an hour behind us. So 10:30 her time. She is a little traumatized at what she saw. This is her text:
“One another note work was horrific today. We had a momma dog who had a large puppy stuck in her, it was too big to pull out and the stupid owners didn’t want to spay her so we had to cut the puppy up inside her and pull out bits of the puppy. It was awful.. we eventually got the head off, so momma was able to push the rest of the body out on her own so there was just a headless puppy. It was probably the worst thing I’ve ever seen and heard”

12:00 midnight- finally got daughter settled down and back to bed I go
1:45am- dog starts pacing back and forth and won’t settle down. I hear the clicks of his toenails on the floor. But I somehow fall asleep
2:30 am- dog is at back door just full on howling (he does this due to his separation anxiety and dementia when he can’t find me) get out of bed, shut off alarm and take him outside again, just in case
2:45 finally get dog settled in his bed
3:00am just stating to fall asleep again when our cat starts jumping on me and making biscuits on my stomach. I keep pushing him away but he just comes back. 3:20 - cat finally lays down at my feet
By now I am so tired and frustrated that I can’t get to sleep.
4:10am- I finally fall asleep.
6:30am- my husband’s alarm goes off …time t

That really stinks. Our dogs have kept me up all night before. Also, I am so sorry for your daughter! That would totally traumatize almost anyone. I hope she is doing OK. My daughter would probably be crying the whole next day.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Did you hear about the guy who developed a terrible disease where he can’t stop telling airport jokes?
His doctor says it’s terminal.

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Everyone and Happy Friday.
Im off to an early start today. It’s 5:52am and I’ve already been to the convenience center to drop off the trash, woke up the girls and gave them their morning vegi’s and gassed the truck.
Its a cool 48* out right now which is great. No rain in the forecast till MAYBE next weekend.
Gonna try to get some mowing done today and clear the driveway of the gazillion Beechnut shells that are covering it. The squirrels sit up in our two Beech trees all day long and stuff their cute little faces with nuts and rain down the empty shells.
Hope Y’all have some fun plans for the weekend.
Have a great day and Stay Safe, Healthy & Happy!

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
I ordered a 4 panel dog barrier from Chewy. It has been 8 days and hasn't shipped so I emailed them.
Part of the reply
Thank you for reaching out to us. I did some digging and I see that the Internet's Best Traditional Arch Pet Gate is an item that ships separately from the manufacturer and these typically take longer to receive. I checked the website and I see they estimated shipping time frame is between Sep 25 and Oct 06

Well, That would be if I bought one yesterday.

I ordered some odd size drill bits from Home Depot to go with some thread cutting taps I bought. I added some push to connect fittings to get the free shipping. The small plastic fittings came yesterday. The drill bits haven't even shipped yet.

YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN DELIVERED,
Francis!​

Thank you for shopping with us.

The common theme here is they have my money and have sent nothing.

I am starting to get a bad feeling about all this.

The generator guys came and started the installation yesterday. Two exuberant young men moved my desk to put up a ladder and ripped all the wires out of my cable modem. I get home from the doctor freaked out about the goo dripping from my legs, all the WIFI fish stuff is in alarm, internet, TV and phone are dead.
They told me they were sorry but they don't work on that low voltage stuff. I fixed it myself.

They had to drill a hole through the wall for the feeder cable. They drilled a small pilot hole from the inside out. The young man used such a thin drill bit that it flexed in the hole. There was a 5 inch offset between where he started inside and where it came out. This proved to be a problem for a while when they drilled from the outside in with the 3 inch hammer drill which doesn't flex. The hole came out behind some framing in the wall.
I sat and guarded my tanks from these guys most of the day yesterday. No you aren't going to put that there, you are going to put that here. Leave the ceiling grid alone. I will replace it myself.

Ya, a real bad feeling

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning!
Great day so far - made coffee and discovered we were out of milk. I hate black coffee. Then I found a month expired and open container of heavy cream in the back. Still good! Totally made my day.

How are you feeling Mike?

CwWzuLn.gif

Last edited:

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That really stinks. Our dogs have kept me up all night before. Also, I am so sorry for your daughter! That would totally traumatize almost anyone. I hope she is doing OK. My daughter would probably be crying the whole next day.
She is ok. This emergency clinic is giving her a real and different experience at a look into the vet world. She said it’s totally different from the regular annual exam type vet clinic that she works at in summer when home from college. She still wants to be a veterinarian even after this experience. And as she said, the puppy was already dead but usually they just spay the dog. This procedure is rarely done.

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning!
Great day so far - made coffee and discovered we were out of milk. I hate black coffee. Then I found a month expired and open container of heavy cream in the back. Still good! Totally made my day.

How are you feeling Mike?

CwWzuLn.gif
I always keep a can of condensed milk in the cabinet just for this emergency.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
I ordered a 4 panel dog barrier from Chewy. It has been 8 days and hasn't shipped so I emailed them.
Part of the reply
Thank you for reaching out to us. I did some digging and I see that the Internet's Best Traditional Arch Pet Gate is an item that ships separately from the manufacturer and these typically take longer to receive. I checked the website and I see they estimated shipping time frame is between Sep 25 and Oct 06

Well, That would be if I bought one yesterday.

I ordered some odd size drill bits from Home Depot to go with some thread cutting taps I bought. I added some push to connect fittings to get the free shipping. The small plastic fittings came yesterday. The drill bits haven't even shipped yet.

YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN DELIVERED,
Francis!​

Thank you for shopping with us.

The common theme here is they have my money and have sent nothing.

I am starting to get a bad feeling about all this.

The generator guys came and started the installation yesterday. Two exuberant young men moved my desk to put up a ladder and ripped all the wires out of my cable modem. I get home from the doctor freaked out about the goo dripping from my legs, all the WIFI fish stuff is in alarm, internet, TV and phone are dead.
They told me they were sorry but they don't work on that low voltage stuff. I fixed it myself.

They had to drill a hole through the wall for the feeder cable. They drilled a small pilot hole from the inside out. The young man used such a thin drill bit that it flexed in the hole. There was a 5 inch offset between where he started inside and where it came out. This proved to be a problem for a while when they drilled from the outside in with the 3 inch hammer drill which doesn't flex. The hole came out behind some framing in the wall.
I sat and guarded my tanks from these guys most of the day yesterday. No you aren't going to put that there, you are going to put that here. Leave the ceiling grid alone. I will replace it myself.

Ya, a real bad feeling
i didn't watch the gas line install when they did mine. guy used a reciprocating saw to cut a square hole for a round pipe. :rolleyes: and then didn't caulk around it to seal it.:mad:

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning and happy Friday! Got a good nights sleep last night. I sure needed that!! Thinking about transferring new fish to acclimate box in the 180 DT. Been dosing DinoX in my 34 gal reef tank but at this point it’s just a FOWLR as all corals have died. Tested phosphate yesterday and it was so high it won’t even register on my Hanna checker. Before I started dosing a month ago it was .50 which is high but wondering if the dinoX made it even higher. The Hanna was flashing 200 which means it’s too high to even read. With no coral in there I will leave the light off a while longer and start water changes again. I hate Dino’s!

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i didn't watch the gas line install when they did mine. guy used a reciprocating saw to cut a square hole for a round pipe. :rolleyes: and then didn't caulk around it to seal it.:mad:
I have gotten used to going behind them to finish the job.

Next is dealing with a crane truck in a soft wet yard. That should be exciting.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies.
took the day off.
four left starting monday if they don't approve the contract.
wife's last day was yesterday.
she just left for an interview at home dep.
financing could get fun in the next few months.
enjoy your day.
hope those of you not feeling well, feel better today.:cool:

this is a true story lately with gizmo:mad:
IMG_4369.jpg

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gotten used to going behind them to finish the job.

Next is dealing with a crane truck in a soft wet yard. That should be exciting.
i make phone calls and make them come back out and finish the job they were paid to do.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies.
took the day off.
four left starting monday if they don't approve the contract.
wife's last day was yesterday.
she just left for an interview at home dep.
financing could get fun in the next few months.
enjoy your day.
hope those of you not feeling well, feel better today.:cool:

this is a true story lately with gizmo:mad:
IMG_4369.jpg
I can relate to that cartoon!!

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning and happy Friday! Got a good nights sleep last night. I sure needed that!! Thinking about transferring new fish to acclimate box in the 180 DT. Been dosing DinoX in my 34 gal reef tank but at this point it’s just a FOWLR as all corals have died. Tested phosphate yesterday and it was so high it won’t even register on my Hanna checker. Before I started dosing a month ago it was .50 which is high but wondering if the dinoX made it even higher. The Hanna was flashing 200 which means it’s too high to even read. With no coral in there I will leave the light off a while longer and start water changes again. I hate Dino’s!
No corals
Turn up the flow as high as you can get it. Wait a couple of hours and do an 80% water change. Just make sure to heat the water and match the SG.
You want the sand moving around a bit.
Leave the flow like that for at least 5 days.
I am pretty sure they will be gone.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back