Corals.com
Earn WWC Rewards Points
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

Mayor of R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Paige and family and dogs just left for NC. Jill had to leave yesterday to take care of her parents.
Just me and the aminals again for a few days.
This made me think of someone here.
I have a daughter nammed Paige :)

krbshappy71

View Badges
Reaction score
Happy Monday everyone! We visited Hidden Reef (LFS) again, each time I go I recognize things a little more thanks to this forum. Then to Bristol, PA for lunch, what a cute town, definitely going back some day. Now I'm starting to want corals "some day" so going to research the difference in them, try to learn more, etc. I was going to do FOWLR but....every time I see little baby coral pieces on those little stands it's so cute and the varieties are just astounding!

Top Shelf Aquatics

LadyMac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Good morning! Today I’ll work more in this.
DCCDDABD-EA38-4636-A445-EDCC05C9C424.jpeg

I was procrastinating on it the other day with assassin snail pics.

has anyone ever watched an assassin snail eat a pond snail? They chase them down, get on top of them and then use an “arm” to reach in thesnails shell and pull it out! Kinda cool but also savage!Don’t have any pics of that as I don’t have pond snails. However, check out the faces of these guys! Snails are fascinating.
F44BCAD3-CE89-4C0D-8F34-38E26E098DF7.jpeg

Eagle_Steve

To many tanks!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Morning all!!! Finally got a pic of one of the oyster toadfish. Not a good one, but they are still a little shy and do not want to leave the pvc tubes.

I assume this one is female, as the other one has more vibrant marking and a ton more color.
1571141852578.png

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

Paul B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
This morning I am washing my worms. My neighbors think I'm nuts and that my PTSD got worse.
My culture of white worms is very old, maybe 10 years and there are tiny flies hatching in there. More flies than worms so it, of course is outside.

I am going to leave them flooded for 24 hours because I know the worms can live submerged for five days in salt water, but I am hoping the fly larvae can't SCUBA dive for long.

I don't want to order a new culture because these are very big for some reason, much larger than the original batch.
I think they are Godzilla Larvae. ;Wideyed

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Good morning. I am just mucking around in the tanks changing pumps and feeding. They havent been scraped in 3 days so I cant actually see the fish.

This morning I am washing my worms. My neighbors think I'm nuts and that my PTSD got worse.
My culture of white worms is very old, maybe 10 years and there are tiny flies hatching in there. More flies than worms so it, of course is outside.

I am going to leave them flooded for 24 hours because I know the worms can live submerged for five days in salt water, but I am hoping the fly larvae can't SCUBA dive for long.

I don't want to order a new culture because these are very big for some reason, much larger than the original batch.
I think they are Godzilla Larvae. ;Wideyed
Take 50 of the largest ones and place them in a fresh culture.

selective breeding

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

Have you ever had an algae outbreak so bad that you had to break the tank down and start over?

• Yes

Votes: 100 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 388 70.2%
  • Having a major outbreak right now and I'm considering it

Votes: 43 7.8%
  • I've never had algae and my name is Pinocchio

Votes: 22 4.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors