Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL!
Classic.
Nah...south IN America.
Not South America.
But If I were it'd be Uruguay.
But, alas, Florida.
(my in mother in law has been diagnosed with early onset dementia as a result of Parkinson's.)
My wife left Florida to be with me, no questions asked, so, when she asked me if we could go there to be closer to her mom, it was a no brainer. The only stress on me is finding work.

I am sorry to hear about your mother in law. I have done the NY/NJ thing and have been in FL for 20 years - I recommend the change. What part of FL?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Good Man, Good luck finding work. HVAC is always a good bet down there.
I had a feeling about work/jobs down there. So there isn't any I take it?
That's why I delayed my full move until spring 2022. I see my former employer and airline Eastern Airlines resumed service and Spirit Airlines adding aircraft but too late for job changes at this point for me.
As for the morning. . . . . . . Debating on water change or a movie. Sun is bright and light winds. . . EXCEPT the wind chill right now is ONE degree - YUK. 35 degrees by 1pm

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK. After months years of procrastination, I have finally embarked upon the dreaded RE-AQUASCAPING PROJECT FROM HADES.

I am working from left to right. About 35 lbs of rock and no-name SPS has been removed already. Sadly, the rock that I had hoped to reuse will have to get bleached. Blasted vermetids have overrun it. Any space that was not encrusted is just covered with them.

Hopefully this weekend, I will have cleared to the edge of the overflow box so that I can drop in my Marco rock project on the left side. It is shockingly white and will be quite the eyesore for a while, but I really had to break this reef up. It is so choked for light and flow for the middle colonies. Plus I couldn't scrape the front glass anymore.

A couple picks. (maybe I should make this project my "Build Thread" as I still have not done that.

Good morning All!

IMG-4353.jpg IMG-4344.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK. After months years of procrastination, I have finally embarked upon the dreaded RE-AQUASCAPING PROJECT FROM HADES.

I am working from left to right. About 35 lbs of rock and no-name SPS has been removed already. Sadly, the rock that I had hoped to reuse will have to get bleached. Blasted vermetids have overrun it. Any space that was not encrusted is just covered with them.

Hopefully this weekend, I will have cleared to the edge of the overflow box so that I can drop in my Marco rock project on the left side. It is shockingly white and will be quite the eyesore for a while, but I really had to break this reef up. It is so choked for light and flow for the middle colonies. Plus I couldn't scrape the front glass anymore.

A couple picks. (maybe I should make this project my "Build Thread" as I still have not done that.

Good morning All!

IMG-4353.jpg IMG-4344.jpg

You said it yourself - time for a build thread!!! There are a lot of new builds, but IMO not nearly enough re-build threads including the what did I learn, what I will do different, what still isn't coming together for me, and where am I going with this thing anyway. We're cheering for you!

hubcap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry to hear about your mother in law. I have done the NY/NJ thing and have been in FL for 20 years - I recommend the change. What part of FL?

Tampa area.
Not sure which county we will land in, yet.
Will all depend on work. Luckily for me, being an engineering type, I should be able to find something pretty quickly.

hubcap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a feeling about work/jobs down there. So there isn't any I take it?
That's why I delayed my full move until spring 2022. I see my former employer and airline Eastern Airlines resumed service and Spirit Airlines adding aircraft but too late for job changes at this point for me.
As for the morning. . . . . . . Debating on water change or a movie. Sun is bright and light winds. . . EXCEPT the wind chill right now is ONE degree - YUK. 35 degrees by 1pm
Theres work....all depends on industry and specialties.

Like stated above, Im a lab nerd, so, jobs for me, shouldn't be TOO hard to find. I get about 1-3 hits per week on my resume on Indeed. Which, I think, is pretty good.
There are lots of job openings for government/military work, which is what I prefer. And Ive held security clearances, so, that helps out tremendously.
Just gotta get down there so I can do personal interviews.....they seem pretty hesitant on hiring if you tell them you aren't in the state yet.
Just my take on it though....
your mileage may vary

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
Doing all the tests
With coffee
IMG_2363_heic-M.jpg

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Morning after my stepdaughter's wedding.. I think a Bloody Mary and floating in the adult pool are in my near future.. That is if I can crawl that far.
Only in Wisconsin !!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Good morning
Doing all the tests
With coffee
IMG_2363_heic-M.jpg
You’re testing with coffee??? Let us know the result- never used coffee to perform a test....... LOL, just kidding
Im at work for partial day then back in tonight for regular shift (fish and coral money !!)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back