Good Morning!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I am washing my worms. My neighbors think I'm nuts and that my PTSD got worse.
My culture of white worms is very old, maybe 10 years and there are tiny flies hatching in there. More flies than worms so it, of course is outside.

I am going to leave them flooded for 24 hours because I know the worms can live submerged for five days in salt water, but I am hoping the fly larvae can't SCUBA dive for long.

I don't want to order a new culture because these are very big for some reason, much larger than the original batch.
I think they are Godzilla Larvae. ;Wideyed

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. I am just mucking around in the tanks changing pumps and feeding. They havent been scraped in 3 days so I cant actually see the fish.

This morning I am washing my worms. My neighbors think I'm nuts and that my PTSD got worse.
My culture of white worms is very old, maybe 10 years and there are tiny flies hatching in there. More flies than worms so it, of course is outside.

I am going to leave them flooded for 24 hours because I know the worms can live submerged for five days in salt water, but I am hoping the fly larvae can't SCUBA dive for long.

I don't want to order a new culture because these are very big for some reason, much larger than the original batch.
I think they are Godzilla Larvae. ;Wideyed
Take 50 of the largest ones and place them in a fresh culture.

selective breeding

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my Idea and if I get time I will do that. The culture I am using now is the result of doing that a few years ago so i assume this is necessary. Eventually other things start growing in these cultures like flies.

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. It is still dark out. The lights are on in the tanks and the cleaner wrasse is making his rounds making sure everyone looks their best. Fuzzy ate a shrimp. Louie ate his breakfast and is playing with a new toy mouse I got him
Time to make the coffee and take Louie to the vet for his next shot.
just another day

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning all!!!!! 3 more days including today left at my current employer. Starting a new job Monday and man it is starting to get to me. 11 years where I am now and only the marines before that. Not scared at all, but holy crap this is gonna be a change.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Morning all!!!!! 3 more days including today left at my current employer. Starting a new job Monday and man it is starting to get to me. 11 years where I am now and only the marines before that. Not scared at all, but holy crap this is gonna be a change.

We're cheering for you as you make this transition!!!

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not scared at all? Does your heart always beat like that?
I admit I did 5 completely different things over the years and was always excited for the change.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some people call it fear, some people call it an adrenaline rush - but whatever its called we just need to make sure that it doesn't get in the way of making a difference in the world!

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a general PSA, people!
YvQ7fp5.jpg

Last edited:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morningo_O, Day started out Raining and a pileup on the E-way, late for work and my third cup of joe is bitter.I should have stayed home and played with the Tank. My next task is to install the Controller and today would have been PURRFECT.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morningo_O, Day started out Raining and a pileup on the E-way, late for work and my third cup of joe is bitter.I should have stayed home and played with the Tank. My next task is to install the Controller and today would have been PURRFECT.

What controller did you get?? Gotta love em

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back