Good Morning!

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good!

I SOOOOOO recommend running a line upstairs. I use that line in both directions. The return pump shoots water down the line and into my sewer waste line. Flip some valves. Hit a remote power supply that drives a pond pump in my salty barrel for a 40G WC in 20 minutes easy.

A couple of pics of the valve setup that me & my LFS came up with.

IMG-4632.jpg IMG-4631.jpg

Thanks @ScottB ! Do you have a recommendation for a pump to put in the SW reservoir? If I went with a hose/tube I'm guessing I'd be looking at around 35-40 feet, some of it being vertical of course.

Glad to hear your QT is over as well, and no copper power was required ;)

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @ScottB ! Do you have a recommendation for a pump to put in the SW reservoir? If I went with a hose/tube I'm guessing I'd be looking at around 35-40 feet, some of it being vertical of course.

Glad to hear your QT is over as well, and no copper power was required ;)
You are welcome Wisco. This is the one I use. It trades under a few names ProLine and Supreme, but pretty sure it is a Danner company product. Just make sure the one you order comes with the 316 stainless rotor like this one and you are good.

On the top of the pump it says in bold letters "Do not run pump dry" and I can sadly confirm that to be a real bad idea. I accidentally butt-dialed it ON with no mix in the barrel. Lastly, my first one came with a huge bulky cover (for pond use) which I chucked. The replacement did not.

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are welcome Wisco. This is the one I use. It trades under a few names ProLine and Supreme, but pretty sure it is a Danner company product. Just make sure the one you order comes with the 316 stainless rotor like this one and you are good.

On the top of the pump it says in bold letters "Do not run pump dry" and I can sadly confirm that to be a real bad idea. I accidentally butt-dialed it ON with no mix in the barrel. Lastly, my first one came with a huge bulky cover (for pond use) which I chucked. The replacement did not.

Right on man, thanks! Does it have any kind of wired controller? Just wondering how I can shut it off if I'm upstairs watching the fill level.

I think I can also build a movable platform to put the SW reservoir on so I can bring it closer to the laundry chute and reduce the head length. Just need some 2x4's and heavy duty casters. The plan is coming together. I think I'll just do it and beg for forgiveness later lol.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on man, thanks! Does it have any kind of wired controller? Just wondering how I can shut it off if I'm upstairs watching the fill level.

I think I can also build a movable platform to put the SW reservoir on so I can bring it closer to the laundry chute and reduce the head length. Just need some 2x4's and heavy duty casters. The plan is coming together. I think I'll just do it and beg for forgiveness later lol.

No fancy tech. Just magnificent head pressure. I use this remote power outlet. Just don't leave the clicker in your pocket like I did. You could also use wifi connected powerstrips but I hate messing with my phone when my hands are wet.

Feel free to PM me. There are a few other minor details about the empty/fill process that we can spare everyone else from.

Running a line is so worth it. Love this hobby, but lugging around 1200 lbs of water each month was not going to be my thing.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Marry an outdoors woman. That way, if you have to throw her out into the yard for the night, she can still survive.”

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Leave here with a laugh
Actual advertisements:
• Wanted: Unmarried girls to pick fresh fruit and produce at night.
• We do not tear your clothing with machinery. We do it carefully by hand.
• Wanted: Man to take care of cow that does not smoke or drink.
• Dog for sale: Eats anything and is fond of children.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Another sweltering day in the south!

giphy.gif

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone, the cool mornings are nice in the wake of all this heat. Only one good rain this summer, my water bill is going to hurt.
@WiscoFishNut I use a little giant external ac pump for the mix station, It delivers about 3-4 GPM-1/2" od hose to the tank upstairs.
Then top off I use a diaphragm pump that's controlled by a tunze.
Good luck

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I'm up now. earlier i was enjoying stretching and slumping into the mattress ('slumping' is that the word, you tighten your muscles then just let them relax and let gravity have its way with your bones?) then made coffee, filled the birdbaths and feeders, sprayed the flower beds, checked the tanks, and read through a long r2r thread and i am ready to get busy. Good morning to all, enjoying life as it is.

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone, the cool mornings are nice in the wake of all this heat. Only one good rain this summer, my water bill is going to hurt.
@WiscoFishNut I use a little giant external ac pump for the mix station, It delivers about 3-4 GPM-1/2" od hose to the tank upstairs.
Then top off I use a diaphragm pump that's controlled by a tunze.
Good luck

Thanks for the recommendation man, will check it out!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What do you get when you mix beans and onions?
ANSWER: Tear gas.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 56 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back