Good Morning!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I just made someones day. I went to Home Depot just now and parked my car. As I started walking to the store, a van pulled out of a parking space in front of me and was turning to leave the parking lot.

I saw something on his back bumper and realized what it was so I quickly banged on the back of the van as he was just starting to speed up.
He looked in his mirror and I motioned for him to stop. He must have thought I was a homeless man wanting to grub a cigarette or wanted to ask advice on how long to quarantine a tank bred longnose butterfly in a bare bottom 10 gallon tank without using copper.

He stopped the van and I walked up to his window holding up this thing. He had this very shocked look on his face and quickly opened the door.

I asked, Do You Want This?

It was his phone in a case and I think he was also using it as a wallet because there was a wad of bills in there with plastic cards that looked like credit cards and maybe his license. There was also a small American flag next to it. It may have been a handkerchief.

He said "OH MAN, YOU SAVED MY LIFE". THANK YOU, THANK YOU I can't thank you enough. So I waved and walked to the store.
He must have parked the truck and ran in after me. He started to hand me some money, I think it was a hundred dollar bill.

I said, "Get out of here." I am glad I saw it before you took off. He said PLEASE take this, there was $500.00 in there as well as all my documents. I waved him away and said, stay safe.

You would have to be a real dirtbag to take money for such a small jesture. I am just glad I found it and not someone who would keep it.

I still wouldn't quarantine a Long Nose Butterfly :)

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I think the world also needs more people who don't leave their wallet on their bumper. I know if I put my wallet virtually anyplace, I would forget it so I never put it down except in my house, like never. :D

I am also 99% sure most people would have returned the wallet etc but I am sure some may have taken some of the money. Again "dirtbags"

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I just made someones day. I went to Home Depot just now and parked my car. As I started walking to the store, a van pulled out of a parking space in front of me and was turning to leave the parking lot.

I saw something on his back bumper and realized what it was so I quickly banged on the back of the van as he was just starting to speed up.
He looked in his mirror and I motioned for him to stop. He must have thought I was a homeless man wanting to grub a cigarette or wanted to ask advice on how long to quarantine a tank bred longnose butterfly in a bare bottom 10 gallon tank without using copper.

He stopped the van and I walked up to his window holding up this thing. He had this very shocked look on his face and quickly opened the door.

I asked, Do You Want This?

It was his phone in a case and I think he was also using it as a wallet because there was a wad of bills in there with plastic cards that looked like credit cards and maybe his license. There was also a small American flag next to it. It may have been a handkerchief.

He said "OH MAN, YOU SAVED MY LIFE". THANK YOU, THANK YOU I can't thank you enough. So I waved and walked to the store.
He must have parked the truck and ran in after me. He started to hand me some money, I think it was a hundred dollar bill.

I said, "Get out of here." I am glad I saw it before you took off. He said PLEASE take this, there was $500.00 in there as well as all my documents. I waved him away and said, stay safe.

You would have to be a real dirtbag to take money for such a small jesture. I am just glad I found it and not someone who would keep it.

I still wouldn't quarantine a Long Nose Butterfly :)
but you could have bought a LNB with that $100.
I kid I kid.
KARMA points. :cool:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning my fishy Friends.
200.gif

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning All!
Another rainy day here today. Had some storms pass through last night. A lot of bark but no bite!
Still haven’t received the second box of my greenhouse kit. Hope FedEx didn’t lose it. Can’t really do much without the framework.
Tippy the Silkie is still with us this morning. We locked her in the coop overnight so that if she passed, she would be comfortable and not chewed up by whatever rodents get in the henhouse at night. She came shooting out of the coop this morning and immediately went for the bowl of vegi’s. She looks a little better today but we feel her time is coming. SAD!
Off to see the tax man this morning and not looking forward to it. Angela received an equity payout last year and of course it was UNTAXED. This is going to sting but the payout went into savings so, what can you do? Luckily, no state income tax here in TN.
Gonna get some tank maintenance done later today while waiting (and wondering) if FedEx will show up.
Hope Y’all have a great day and can do something fun.
Stay Safe!

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning!

finally got to order the remaining gear I’d like to have in place for my tank setup.
Took care of the puppy (breakfast and what not)
Next it’s off to the LFS to grab some food for my clowns.
matter that it’s home to work on getting the room where the tank is going ready.

also looks like it’s going to be a rainy day so not a bad day for indoor stuff.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! I'm a little distracted today....rescuing my tanks from Mag-Float disasters, not blinding the fish with the flashlight, and what not. He's so busy!!!! Papa's solution to babysitting: Turn on Disney Plus! ;Joyful

Have a great Saturday!

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got out of the shower and went out to check on Tippy. Giant box was on the front porch. Frame and hardware for the greenhouse. This will either be a fun or frustrating project for this upcoming week. Weather is supposed to be nice.
Tippy is still with us by the way. She was having a dust bath when I checked. :)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 140 60.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.3%
Back