Good Morning!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, well almost.
I have a tremendous need to make snarky comments lately. I have managed to stop myself so far. Posts about a bad day at work or I am feeling down. Really?
I have a cornucopia full of reality I could blast out. But I know it isn't their fault. Some of us have just been lucky to have a more challenging set of experiences in life.

How about you got stuffed in a tube in the fetal position for a half an hour to find if it's cancer. While stuffed in the tube in a really uncomfortable position you are supposed to hold still but you have Parkinson's too. My booty shakes itself. And in the back of my mind is the fact my brother had the same test and was told he was cancer free. Six months before he died from stage 4 cancer.

50 years in the hobby. OO they finally figured out how many cubes of food to feed. Amazing. Tell us more.
How many for these guys. I dont want them to starve.
IMG_3486_HEIC-L.jpg

My tanks have gone a bit bohemian while I deal with some other things. The animals are fine. Actually I kind of like it.
I do need to clean the glass good though. I dropped the light back down and the glass is going heavy dirty every 5 days.

Those of you that think you are a tough nut to crack. I will tell you the universe has nutcrackers of infinite size available to use if it chooses to do so.
hoping for the best for you.
apologies if I've ever fallen in to the whiner's category.
I get it.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really think of them as whiners though. I feel like they have never had the full experience of life sneaking up on you and trying to knock you out. In my case a snarky comment would be made sarcastically. That never comes across on the net though. At least mine don't. I see the term haters used. I don't have any hate in me. It isn't useful for anything. I dont think Louie, Bear, Zoe, Mia, Rudy, Dinky, all the fish and the others would take to a hater.

You can keep on keeping on or you can quit. I used to think those were the only two options.
There is a third that comes into view. The dead stop.

Ugly thing that it is.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Last week I tripped over my bike and really hurt myself. So I moved it into another room. But the next day, forgetting I moved it, I tripped again. So I moved it into another room. The next day, again I forgot, and I tripped again and got hurt. So I moved it. The next day…well, gosh, it’s a vicious cycle!!

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week I tripped over my bike and really hurt myself. So I moved it into another room. But the next day, forgetting I moved it, I tripped again. So I moved it into another room. The next day, again I forgot, and I tripped again and got hurt. So I moved it. The next day…well, gosh, it’s a vicious cycle!!
What's that, Captain Obvious? He should what?

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning!
Good news, 1 of 2 boxes of the greenhouse showed up yesterday. Still waiting on the framework and hardware to arrive.

Bad news, we may be losing one of our “girls”. Tippy, our Silkie hen has been on a decline the past few days. We may lose her soon.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Good Morning!
Good news, 1 of 2 boxes of the greenhouse showed up yesterday. Still waiting on the framework and hardware to arrive.

Bad news, we may be losing one of our “girls”. Tippy, our Silkie hen has been on a decline the past few days. We may lose her soon.
Old gal? Mine are 1-2 yes now

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old gal? Mine are 1-2 yes now
We’re not really sure how old she is. She was mature when we got her a few years back. She started to develop a fluid pouch on her lower abdomen a few days ago. If it gets any bigger, I’ll drain it so she is more comfortable. I drained one of our other hens for the same thing last year but we lost her anyway after about a week. I think they get sepsis from the fluid. All you can really do is keep them comfortable.

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! So yesterday I saw something new happen in our tank. Somehow one of our RFA's found it self in the clutches of a green torch. It looked like the torch was trying to eat the dang thing! I was able to get the RFA free and dropped em back in the aquascape.. Is that a normal thing? That particular RFA normally hangs out on the opposite side of the tank too. Guess he went on a bad walkabout? lol

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! So yesterday I saw something new happen in our tank. Somehow one of our RFA's found it self in the clutches of a green torch. It looked like the torch was trying to eat the dang thing! I was able to get the RFA free and dropped em back in the aquascape.. Is that a normal thing? That particular RFA normally hangs out on the opposite side of the tank too. Guess he went on a bad walkabout? lol
I purchased 2 beautiful RFA’s a few months back. One of them has never moved. Just sits there in “all of its glory” facing the front where we can see him/her. The other one has had MANY homes within the tank, always on the rock scape facing the back where we can’t see it. It’s antisocial! :p

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased 2 beautiful RFA’s a few months back. One of them has never moved. Just sits there in “all of its glory” facing the front where we can see him/her. The other one has had MANY homes within the tank, always on the rock scape facing the back where we can’t see it. It’s antisocial! :p
Strange critters for sure! I feel like we're lucky if they move to a prime viewing spot. Ricordia shrooms are another one that baffle me. Had one crawl under a rock, look like it was dying, and weeks later is now apparently healthy/happy and right out in the open lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back